• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

all in one place

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
decided to move it all together.

Here are some vintage 10" american made carbon steel chef knives. They don't make them like this anymore. I would say these were made in the 60's. They look like they may have been made by the same maker. Dimensions, shape, rivet pattern are identical. The rosewood would have been an upgrade and the lanyard hole more utilitarian. These will take a hair popping edge. There is no makers mark
1. rosewood handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide. triple brass rivets
2. mahogany handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide triple brass rivets and a lanyard hole
$40 each

I have a few Miyabi 5000s for sale. I bought these for Christmas presents for a few of my cooks and bought a few extra in case I forgot someone. These are from the same batch that I did the giveaway with.

Gyuto 9.5" $100
chutoh 6" $70
shotoh 5" $5

miyabis 5000s 018.jpg

miyabis 5000s 017.jpg

miyabis 5000s 016.jpg

miyabis 5000s 015.jpg

miyabis 5000s 014.jpg

miyabis 5000s 013.jpg

miyabis 5000s 012.jpg

miyabis 5000s 011.jpg

miyabis 5000s 010.jpg

miyabis 5000s 009.jpg

miyabis 5000s 008.jpg

miyabis 5000s 007.jpg

miyabis 5000s 006.jpg

miyabis 5000s 005.jpg

miyabis 5000s 004.jpg

miyabis 5000s 003.jpg

miyabis 5000s 002.jpg

miyabis 5000s 001.jpg

Up for sale is a knife I have been carrying for 15 years. I just don't use it anymore.
one is a 12 inch Lion Sabatier in stainless, it is a great knife the fit n finish are pretty good and you can get it razor sharp. The knife is surprisingly nimble for a knife this size. $130 new will sell for $90 i pay the shipping in CONUS.
I had this knife bag made for me by an elder Chinese lady here in China town. It is made from Dragon motif material and has a satin lining and a burgundy cord. It measure around 22inches x 3 1/2"-4". I bought alot of them thinking that I would put my knives in them, then I realized I don't have any knives with sayas. I'm not likely to make anymore knife purchases, other than the ones I already have this year. so up it goes. got to pay those bills. This is new just arrived yesterday. I'm looking for $30 + $5 shipping. I actually purchase a15 of them and she is making them now. I couldn't cancel the order as they are already paid for. I will be posting more in the coming weeks.

decided to move it all together.

Here are some vintage 10" american made carbon steel chef knives. They don't make them like this anymore. I would say these were made in the 60's. They look like they may have been made by the same maker. Dimensions, shape, rivet pattern are identical. The rosewood would have been an upgrade and the lanyard hole more utilitarian. These will take a hair popping edge. There is no makers mark
1. rosewood handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide. triple brass rivets
2. mahogany handle, 10" blade length 2 1/4" wide triple brass rivets and a lanyard hole
$40 each

these are all still available.

also adding another 10" forgecraft hi carbon chef knife one of my favorites. I love this particular knife, it has some character, you can tell that it was ground on a new stone when it was made because you can see how clean and pronounced the grind marks are as opposed to one further down the process. Whoever originally ground this one wasn't having a good day or was in a hurry. the edge and sides are beautifully ground, but the spine looked like someone was on a drunken bender it was wavy and rough like a Texas country road( you know that washboard stuff) I sanded and straightened it with some emery and cork and we are good to go.
2) a Dexter 12" carbon steel scimitar made for the A& p tea co. vintage 1960's. I don't think this knife was actually ever used as a knife. I think some kid used it as a sword and beat the living hell out of the edge, it is chipped and rolled and the tip is busted off and there are a few rust spots and some light pitting. This is something that Dave or Eamon could fix in five minutes on a wheel or belt. It will take you a lot longer and more elbow grease if you plan to do it by hand. Still a great knife and quite serviceable

10" forgecraft $40 +$5 shipped
12" dexter scimitar $30 +5 shipped

forgecraft 001.jpg

forgecraft 002.jpg

forgecraft 003.jpg

forgecraft 004.jpg

forgecraft 005.jpg

forgecraft 006.jpg

forgecraft 007.jpg

forgecraft 008.jpg

forgecraft 009.jpg

forgecraft 010.jpg

forgecraft 011.jpg

forgecraft 012.jpg

forgecraft 013.jpg

forgecraft 014.jpg

I have to say I got the gyuto 9.5, and the chutoh on sat. and was very impressed by them. Thinner than what I usually find with a manufactured knife. When I opened the box and looked at the gyuto it screamed a coworkers name who likes long knives. I let him use the knife for the shift, asked him how he liked the knife and what he thought of it. (already knowing by his look when I first handed it to him) He was pretty much speachless. He started looking for it on ebay and other sites. As I walked away with my other knives all cleaned up and packed away I told him it was his. The look I got was astonishment. He had no words. It wasn't until 3 hrs later he texted me thanking me. Now to give the chutoh away.:angel2:

What a surprise! He must have been speechless. It must hv been a wonderful feeling for both of you.. The giver.. The lok on his face and yu know tht its a good gift and the givee.. A shock an bewilderment.. Truely a moment in time to Be remembered and everytime you tlak abt or think abt it.. Will give you that glow inside...

Hv fun..

Back