Quantcast
FSOT: Coticule + Coticule Slurry - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FSOT: Coticule + Coticule Slurry

Quote Originally Posted by rulesnut View Post
    The de Buyer pans will outlast the others 4 to 1.
    the de Buyer pans are certainly different from the Lodge pans (i don't prefer one to the other in terms of shape, personally), but unless you plan on panning for gold in a volcano, i sincerely doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    the de Buyer pans are certainly different from the Lodge pans (i don't prefer one to the other in terms of shape, personally), but unless you plan on panning for gold in a volcano, i sincerely doubt it.
    LOL!

Which de buyer though? there are like 4 models... and which one is better?

i have a mineral b 10. i think it's fairly high end in the line? i have the 12 inch Lodge steel. i like both a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ptolemy View Post
    Which de buyer though? there are like 4 models... and which one is better?
    The "Force Blue" and La Lyonnaise are vey thin. Neither are approved for oven or broiler.
    The "Carbon Plus" and "Mineral B" are almost the same.
    The Mineral B is their new line and they are gradually phasing out the "Carbon Plus" line.
    Mineral B is the only line de Buyer approves for gas, electric, oven, and induction.

Quote Originally Posted by rulesnut View Post
    The "Force Blue" and La Lyonnaise are vey thin. Neither are approved for oven or broiler.
    The "Carbon Plus" and "Mineral B" are almost the same.
    The Mineral B is their new line and they are gradually phasing out the "Carbon Plus" line.
    Mineral B is the only line de Buyer approves for gas, electric, oven, and induction.
    http://www.debuyer.com/product.php?i...ckground=bleu1
    this is the pan then? it's thicker than lodge and paderno.

Yes. That is the one. Thicker and less prone to warping.
    The products page you linked is outdated (even if it is the official de Buyer site).
    Download the pdf catalog from that site to get all the info for each line.
    All Mineral pans are now "Mineral B" pans. (Beeswax coating to prevent rust during shipping.)
    You may have a hard time buying anything other than Mineral B pans unless you live in Paris.

I'm a Carbon Plus fan, but yes, the mineral line is nice
    My favourite egg pan is my Force Bleu crêpe pan. It's used literally every day, in my house for everything from French Toast, to crêpes, to over easys.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

We have the LeCreuset pans and I also use a vintage Wagner cast iron griddle for eggs. I have been increasing my cast iron pans over the last couple of years and my wife only has a few LeCreusets that are missing from her collection. While both are heavy they do not stick at all. I have been thinking about replacing a couple of teflon coated pans with debuyer or some thinner early 1900's CI. I would have to see the lodge carbon pans up close because their cast iron line is way too rough to season decently.

Quote Originally Posted by DeepCSweede View Post
    I would have to see the lodge carbon pans up close because their cast iron line is way too rough to season decently.
    it depends on what you get. the classic line is now pretty rough, but the Signature line, from what i've seen, is still pretty well cast. i'm not in the market to buy any of their current CI, as i have lots of older pieces, but i would buy from the Signature line if i needed a new piece. regarding the steel, my Lodge steel pan is as well finished as my de Buyer (i stripped the factory seasoning and re-did it).

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    it depends on what you get. the classic line is now pretty rough, but the Signature line, from what i've seen, is still pretty well cast. i'm not in the market to buy any of their current CI, as i have lots of older pieces, but i would buy from the Signature line if i needed a new piece. regarding the steel, my Lodge steel pan is as well finished as my de Buyer (i stripped the factory seasoning and re-did it).
    I haven't actually seen the Lodge signature line up close yet. I found their site a couple months ago and was looking at it online, but couldn't really tell how the finish was from the pictures. All I have seen is the general stuff and know a fair amount of people with it. I have been lucky enough to inheirit pans from my grandparents and great grandparents and have picked up more along the way.

I was actually just reading the other day someone recommended getting a carbon pan unseasoned if possible or stripping it down and redoing it. Probably the best way to go.

+ Reply to Thread