Messermeister Knife Roll Sales (Amazon.ca)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are okay. I had one where the fabric pulled out of the seam. The stitching held there jus wasn't enough fabric there to stay in place. Also, they are pretty slim. If it says 8 pockets, don't plan on putting more than a couple of large knives, esp if you use something like bladesafes which are more bulky than mag sleeves, etc.

I have a 12 pocket vinyl one and it does the job. I had a Mercer one before that I got from school but seeing as I don't carry too much in my kit, I needed a new roll. The Messermeister roll I have does the job, although the handle does get stretched out depending on how much stuff you have in there. I carry a; 10in Bread Knife, 6in Filet Knife, 8in Veg Cleaver, 8in Meat Cleaver, 8in Chefs Knife, 240mm Gyuto, 3in Paring Knife, Steel and a Microplane in the 12 pockets and it fits fine. It also has other compartments that come in handy, but if you have too much stuff in the "Knife" part of the roll, it can be hard to close the roll if you stuff the other pockets.

Huh....that is really cheap. I wonder why I ordered from amazon.com and drove to the states to pick it up...I swear these were not available on amazon.ca a few months back...thats the story I'm going with.

Anyways, I like the roll a lot. I only carry about 4 knives in it but it does its job and isn't too bulky.

Back