Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shun Classic 300mm Yanagiba

This one was true single bevel. Concave inner face and uraoshi sharpened flat.

if you look at the picture taken of the back you can see where the sharpening took place. i was kinda surprised that it was made like a true single bevel myself when i sharpened it.

i have seen knives like that before. there is a little fish market in town and they sell knives from a company called "myland" and its a single bevel shell that has been sharpened like a german knife at the edge. good part is they are only like $15
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"

Just carved up an eighteen pound prime rib last night. Someone asked for a very thin slice...

Vince

Nice. Finding a stainless Yanagiba is one thing, but finding a Yanagiba with an integral bolster is something else! Say what you want about Shun(cause I will), that is a cool combo.

Great man! Glad the knife is in some meat and not my drawer.

Some how the edge has got some damage.. I would like to get this knife repaired and obsessively sharpened. Any takers?

Vince

Think Jon @jki did one of these fairly recently, maybe worth a PM

Edit to add link

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...asumi-finishes

And done!!

Thank you.