Cleaning some more new stuff

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
kg001.jpg

kg004.jpg

I don't know what the swirly one is , but I want it! too bad I can't though. HaHa!

The swirly one is some of this. Not what people normally think of when you mention Sycamore.
s1.jpg

The only thing I can say about that is how does a tree grow that way? No need to explain I'm sure I really don't want to know. By the way, nice wood. Love the swirly one.

Sometimes trees will just mutate trying to force a bunch of shoots out in one area.
Just a freak of nature like a 2 headed frog.

......did I ever tell you guys I had a pet lizard with 2 tails?
never mind.

Oh man, you get to play with all the nice things ;) That sycamore really looks crazy. I would easily trade the 10+ pounds of wood I got today for that single piece. Got screwed on ebay, should have known better... Is that whole monster spalted like that?

Stefan

Wow that sycamore is great. Might need to try to get a piece of that!

Is that koa as well? You know the sycamore must be nice if it is overshadowing a block of nice koa right next to it!

That is a very cool piece of wood.

The piece in the photo is already spoken for but there are a lot of others.
I will be getting them cleaned up and will make a post when they are in the webstore.
There is also some unusual koa, mango, english walnut and other stuff.

Stefan made the comment about getting to play with the good stuff.
When these arrived yesterday one of the girls that works here said "you are like a kid that never grew out of playing with blocks".
I answered "yeah, and I have a lot of friends who feel the same way".

Back