Quantcast
WTBorrow Global Chef Knife (yes, seriously) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WTBorrow Global Chef Knife (yes, seriously)

Hahahahaha. Nah, I've been pretty dang bored myself!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I am wondering what happened to this Lefty? What did you think? Pics on the thrashing you created ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    I am wondering what happened to this Lefty? What did you think? Pics on the thrashing you created ect.
    I just found this thread, and I'm curious too...

Well, I haven't taken pics, but I did use it for basically everything for a couple of weeks. I might put it to some better tests and take pics then. However, for the most part, I actually kinda liked it.
    Is it thin behind the edge? Meh. Not overly, but it only wedges on carrots and harder veggies that have a bit of height to them.
    It plowed through chicken carcasses like it was its job, only losing some sharpness. Say...15%. The funny thing is, even though it isn't the thinnest knife around, when dull it still cuts pretty well.
    I'll concentrate on it again in the next week and a bit and give a decent review in the review section.
    Trust me, there are major issues, when compared to our "big names", but it also has a few elements that the big name knives (big to us) might not have....
    How's that for a cliff hanger?
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by TB_London View Post
    Globals were my gateway drug, a pain to deburr, edge gets good (not great) and lasts a while, compared to trad henkcles and wusthofs they're lasers- but compared to what you can buy with some knowledge they are poor.
    This sums up my opinion of them pretty much to a tee. They cut so much better than all the other mass produced knives, but we all know better alternatives for the money.

It's really just the steel I don't like. It feels like crap on the stones and is frustratingly difficult to put a screaming edge on. When you do finally get there it loses it very quickly. On the other hand though, it holds a passable edge for a really long time. With their price I think they would be great in VG10.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Can't wait being a noob here I wouldn't mind what you are meaning on what they are missing. Btw nice cliffhanger, it just like a tv show take 3 mo. off and leave with another cliff hanger.