D. Martell New Martell Patterns

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
Here's the next two knife patterns that we'll be making. They're being made in O-1 (at Rc60-61) both only in western to start but eventually we will offer wa as well but not for awhile.

*Note - The petty handle is shown slightly oversize on purpose to allow for tweaking when shaping the scales.

Nakiri stats

Blade Length - 180mm
Height (at heel) - 60mm
Price - $375

Petty stats

Blade Length - 160mm
Height (at heel) - 34mm
Price - $295

P1010018.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Very nice! I want a petty - when can I order one?

What?? Still no butcher knife? J/k looks like some good stuff Dave.

When will they be available to order Dave?

Looks good to me, Dave. Are you planning on sticking to the same type of "bolster?"

When will they be available to order Dave?

I've been trying to set up my website to allow for ordering but I'm having big problems with it. I'll call support tomorrow and see what they can do, I'm too tired right now.

Once this is fixed the option for monthly payments will be made available just like the gyutos & sujis. This has proven to be a very popular method of purchasing our knives so I'm continuing on with it.

I'll be sure to mention when the site is set up. :)

Are you planning on sticking to the same type of "bolster?"

Yes sir, the wood bolster has been working out nice for me and it's been the most requested so I'm sticking with it. Plus, I like the ability to add a little flair to each knife making them one of a kinds.

You might as well add the wa option to the monthly payment plan, ya know what I mean?

Dave, I think these are two very good model choices in your repertoire...

:thumbsup:

OK both of these new knives have been added to our shopping cart and are available to order on the monthly payment plan. I will be sending the templates to the waterjet folks this week and getting some blanks cut from our steel following that.

*Note - At this time there is not a wa handle option, these are to be western handled knives.

See Martell 180mm Nakiri & Martell 160mm Petty for details

Thanks to all of you for your interest! :)
Dave

Yes sir, the wood bolster has been working out nice for me and it's been the most requested so I'm sticking with it. Plus, I like the ability to add a little flair to each knife making them one of a kinds.

Are you saying it has nothing to do with the PITA the last metal bolsters were ;)

k.

I love the petty. Gosh I can't wait to get one of your knives

You got me again, Dave; I just got in line for a petty :doublethumbsup:

The nakiri & petty blanks just arrived this morning, I'm tweaking the profiles to perfection this afternoon, and will send them off to heat treat tomorrow afternoon. I sure can't wait to get going on these new patterns. :)

The nakiri & petty blanks just arrived this morning, I'm tweaking the profiles to perfection this afternoon, and will send them off to heat treat tomorrow afternoon. I sure can't wait to get going on these new patterns. :)

I'm thinking one of your Nakiris will be in my near future. :D

Latest posts

Back