In search of 0.1 mic diamond film

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gator

Reaction score
Hi All,

Well, the subj it is. Even though I'm definitely not a n00b when it comes to searching things on the web, for some reason can't find it 2nd day already. Ok, I can find 3m 0.1mic lapping film alright, but everyone I found sells then in wholesale quantities. There's just one place that has minimum order of ONLY 10, ~23$ per sheath?! Minimum order comes out to 231...

I was wondering if anyone has seen/knows about those but at more reasonable price and quantities.

McMaster-Carr has them by the sheet, but they are 35 bucks each.

Lee Valley.look under woodworking, diamond lapping film...

Thanks guys.
No I have not tried Buehler, but why not. Just whenever I search 0.1 micron diamond film it's all 3ms...
Funny it never occurred to me to check Lee Valley.
Beneuser - Just to see what will it be when I sharpen knives (and razors in the future)... Sharper is always reasonable to me :)

The LV ones are quite a bit smaller, but still seem a good price.

Yeah, they are, but it's still better than 35 per larger one, or 231 for pack of 10...

Heck, why stop at 0.1 micron. Might as well go the full monty all the way down to 0.05 micron. :cool2:

-AJ

Will do :) Not all steels work well with polish that high, but whatever does, why not.

Back