Quantcast
Suji Design - Need Advice - Page 3

View Poll Results: Should we stay with #1 or go with #2?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 - Original Choil

8 25.81%
  • #2 - New Design Choil

23 74.19%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suji Design - Need Advice

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    How would it be better?
    My honest opinion which of course be wrong, shot down, etc. on closer inspection. I see the curve goes somewhat into the handle section. My personal preference is for a curve like there is but not going into the handle section. I just think a curve rather than straight edge would be more comfortable. Wouldn't mind incorporating that in the custom Pierre is making for me. With permission of course. Dave can I put a curve there on my custom. Not the same as yours but it's your idea. I want to keep handle straight then curve it. Just looks more comfortable. I think it's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    My honest opinion which of course be wrong, shot down, etc. on closer inspection. I see the curve goes somewhat into the handle section. My personal preference is for a curve like there is but not going into the handle section. I just think a curve rather than straight edge would be more comfortable. Wouldn't mind incorporating that in the custom Pierre is making for me. With permission of course. Dave can I put a curve there on my custom. Not the same as yours but it's your idea. I want to keep handle straight then curve it. Just looks more comfortable. I think it's a great idea.
    Revision looks like what i was thinking was already done on leftys pettysuki. Nonetheless I still prefer #2 seems nicer aesthetically and even if just psychologically appears more comfortable.

The curve is nice but i don't think it brings anything to the knifes performance(maybe ergonomics, if so im all in for #2).

And for you as a maker won't this create a little more hazzel when cutting up the blade blank etc?
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"

I like the original design. Those curves and whatnot usually end up doing weird things to my hand.

I'm not liking #2. To me, it looks like you sneezed while at the grinder.
    From a design strength standpoint, a radiused corner is inherently stronger than an angle. Not that I believe that a suji would be used in a way that would push the steel far enough to develop stress cracks.
    If you're going to incorporate a curved choil, don't do it by taking material away, but by adding it.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Here's where I'm at on this....I'm thinking that I like a rounder vs sharp transition than the original design offers but I'm not sold on going with #2 just yet. I'm thinking that there's got to be something in between these two designs to best fit most people's wants. I'm all for tweaking on an individual basis though.

Dave, I agree with you. I was going to vote for 1.5, but could not find a button for that choice

Would your hidden plunge line come out as cleanly on Ver. 2?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    I think you should give the customer a choice on the two, but I like 2 better.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    All this talk of hidden plunge line and heels and liking 2 better. I am not well.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post

I think so

+ Reply to Thread