Knife ID

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hmmm

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering what knife this is... Thanks for your help.

i6y3r9.jpg

Im new here so I am probably wrong. But I would say a petty. Not being able to see the tip doesn't help either. Not sure about the maker.

Im new here so I am probably wrong. But I would say a petty. Not being able to see the tip doesn't help either. Not sure about the maker.

The piece of sushi makes me think it's a Suji.
The brand i have no idea about

Looks more like a painting than a photograph...

No idea what it is, but someone here will probably be able to read/recognize the kanji and shed some light on the maker.

Hey, thanks for the replies :) Here is the best photo of the tip of it. Its a santoku, not mine though. I just wanted to find out the brand and can't read the kanji. Thanks for your help.

2ecdq28.jpg

You guys are awesome and many thanks :doublethumbsup:

I remember reading that Kiya are the most commonly used knife for home use, in Japan. I'm not sure whether or not this is true, but it's funny that they are seen all the time there, but I had no clue what kind of knife I was looking at in the picture.

I think So, from japanese tools or tools from japan or something stated that they used to be a highly respected company or something. You can see the restoration of one on his websites, a yanagi to be more precise.

Back