• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cater Funyaki 8.75 inches

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, so this knife has been sold here before. The buyer decided to send it back due to the poor tip repair that I did. Guilty! The tip repair was not great, I am still working on my sharpening and repairs. I sent the knife in for tune up and Dave Martell rocked out the tip and now it looks phenominal and cuts better than new. There is still a slight overgrind near the tip and a very slight one near the heel. Cutting ability does not seem to be affected.

Balance point is right at the W on the left side of the blade.

After getting this back from Dave I contemplated keeping it, but it was not meant to be.

The newly repaired offending tip:
IMG_1563.jpg

The blade:
IMG_1564.jpg

The handle:
IMG_1565.jpg

The whole knife:
IMG_1566.jpg

Asking $410.00 shipped to the CONUS.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks, Matt

Awesome knife. I wish I didn't already have 2 carter gyutos.... I want that handle.

-Chuck

Beautiful knife,stunning handle, why hasn't this thing sold yet?

Did I mention that these are selling in the $500.00 plus range with crappy handles? And this knife performs better now than it did new?

This knife is one I've lusted after for quite a while, however, I'm away from the acquisition stage of this disorder for the time being. Realistically, if I didn't already have my suji, i'd be selling stuff off to get this one.
I can't see why this is still up here!

Sorry, forgot to update this. Sold and commission sent. Thanks,

Back