• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

DT 240 Western Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hattorichop

Reaction score
I've decided to sell my DT ITK Western Gyuto.
The blade steel is AEB-L and the handle material is black lacewood.

I got this knife in a trade from another forum member.
When I received this knife it had a few scratches and a small bend in the heel.
It kinda looked like the heel was slammed into a pit of an avocado and twisted a little.
After the first sharpening the bend is almost gone. I'm pretty sure the second sharpening will eliminate it all together.
When I first received the knife I was not happy with the feel of the handle so I spent 3 or so hours sanding it down until it felt less cumbersome. I finished sanding it at 12000 grit and it now feels great in my hand.

I noticed that there are still some photos of this same knife in the BST section so I am not going to post any at this time.
I would like to get $400 for this knife, that includes shipping and insurance to most locations.
If you would like to see some pictures of the knife in question please just ask.

Thanks!
Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
They are your photos I would be linking too.
Can I have your permission to do so?

Sure! I just didn't know it was going to be the same since the knife I sold was from the first batch of ITK western gyutos.

-Chuck

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up searching the bst after 20 pages of not knowing where these pics were hiding :) and :(

I edited the original post, changed the steel type and removed the discussion related to the error.

If I did not already own a few DT'S and was on the list for some more, I would jump on this. New versions going for $480......hope that helps make up someones mind.

Didn't I buy that one from Chuck?...How many did you stockpile lol.

I will say I really enjoy the way mine cuts, but sort of wish I'd lucked my way into a wa handle instead...still a good price.

The knife for sale is not the knife from my thread. It is the same type of knife but NOT the one that I sold. THe knife from my sale thread belongs to you (eshua) he is just using the photos to say that it is that same type of knife.

I know we are randomly "cleaning up threads" like this one by editing and deleting posts (although there are random threads about nothing that are let go and not touched). Please do NOT remove this post since my photos are being used.

That being said, I really did enjoy my 240 western ITK and it is for sale at a good price.

-Chuck

I'm sorry, the way it read it sounded like he bought your knife and was now selling it himself. I don't see why your pictures should be used at all actually.

We don't clean up MOST threads. I cleaned up this one because most of the discussion was about an error in the original post and was not at all related to the sale of the knife. Once the error was fixed I didn't see the need for the rest of the posts discussing something nobody could see anymore.

I know MOST threads are not cleaned up. That is why I didn't say most were cleaned up. Just don't see why we edit threads, delete posts, ect in this for sale thread and in review threads. Just 2 in the past few days. But, we allow cutco usuba threads to go with no moderators stepping in. Just seems odd to me. Sorry for fogging the thread up. If you'd like to talk PM feel free but I have said my opinion.

Good luck with the sale.

-Chuck

I'm sorry, the way it read it sounded like he bought your knife and was now selling it himself. I don't see why your pictures should be used at all actually.

I used Chucks pictures because the knife in question is identical and Chuck gave me permission to do so.
I have seen people post pictures of knives for sale where the photo was extracted from online webstores or photos that were taken by someone else. I also mentioned in the original post that if anyone wants photos of the knife in question please just ask.

Sorry for fogging the thread up. If you'd like to talk PM feel free but I have said my opinion.

Good luck with the sale.

-Chuck[/QUOTE]

If anyone fogged the thread up it was me, no worries Chuck.

Knife Sold!

Thanks again Chuck for letting me use your photos!

Back