Quantcast
Vitamix advice - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Vitamix advice

Quote Originally Posted by UCChemE05 View Post
    What were you using to make your smoothies? I haven't experienced this problem with mine needing plunging for smoothies I've made so far (nor have I never seen a barista use a blender with a plunger).

TBH, I wouldn't mind a good recipe for a thicker smoothie
    Frankly, I don't remember. It's probably been a year since we had it. As far as recipes, I don't use any. We always have a variety of fruit (frozen and fresh), juices and veggies around. Whatever is starting to look old either gets tossed into the blender or frozen and used later. As long as it's sweet enough, isn't too stinky (broccoli) and doesn't come out brown, it seems to go over well.

Great thread!

Ok, question for you Vitamix guys and gals.

Can you use the "wet" blade/container set up to make the flours from grains and such... perhaps it just takes longer to grind or doesn't produce a fine enough substance ?

In other words how much versatility does the dry blade/container really add for home use?

Thanks!

The variable speed is required.
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    The variable speed is required.
    ??

So, as long as my Vitamix model has the variable speed feature I can use the wet blade/container to grind grains, nuts, etc. to flour?

The dry blade/container is just a more efficient way to do this then?

Holy Blend-O-Rama!

Bat signal out for you Vitamixers.

Quote Originally Posted by add View Post
    ??

So, as long as my Vitamix model has the variable speed feature I can use the wet blade/container to grind grains, nuts, etc. to flour?

The dry blade/container is just a more efficient way to do this then?
    It's so powerful you don't even need the dry blade. Hell I didn't even know one existed till now. I've had no problems grinding rice, panko, etc. into a powder. I use the pacojet for nuts though. In fact I pulverized some pistachio into a paste to make a pistachio sorbet yesterday. Had to run it multiple times to make the paste but it works well. YMMV
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Don't you guys have Thermomix in the States? It can blend anything (variable speed), plus kneads dough, plus cooks (I make a mean vegetable soup and risotto), plus steams, all in one device. It is not cheap but worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    It's so powerful you don't even need the dry blade. Hell I didn't even know one existed till now. I've had no problems grinding rice, panko, etc. into a powder. I use the pacojet for nuts though. In fact I pulverized some pistachio into a paste to make a pistachio sorbet yesterday. Had to run it multiple times to make the paste but it works well. YMMV
    Thanks ThEoRy.

That is the affirmation I was looking for.
    Gonna pick up one of these soon and I know we will be churning out some cooking flours.
    Don't want to buck up the extra $100 + for the dry set up if it's isn't real necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas View Post
    Don't you guys have Thermomix in the States? It can blend anything (variable speed), plus kneads dough, plus cooks (I make a mean vegetable soup and risotto), plus steams, all in one device. It is not cheap but worth every penny.
    I have never seen or heard of this. Amazon has Thermomix cookbooks (Spanish), but not the unit itself!

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    I have never seen or heard of this. Amazon has Thermomix cookbooks (Spanish), but not the unit itself!
    They seem to cost about $1500