Quantcast
Vitamix advice - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Vitamix advice

I have the Vitamix pro model and I now can't see my life without it--i use it every day.

The blend-tec is too loud and has too many electronic parts.

Quote Originally Posted by mpukas View Post
    digging up old bones...

Blendtec just came out with a new model - Designer Series - actually it's just a refined version of their old model. Now I wish I needed a new blender...

(marketing hoo-ha)

This seals the deal for me - it addresses the main complaints I have about the buttons & speed control being a little clunky, the thing being too damn noisy, and kinda butt ugly. Overall I think it's a better designed blender than the Vitamix, but the end result is both do a superb job of blending.
    The ironic thing about this so-called "capacitive touch interface" is that it does not make for a more "simple" blender, but actually more complex. The Vitamix has an on/off, stepless attentuater and a high speed flip. Doesn't get any simpler than that.

I don't want any blender on my countertop--I don't care how "pretty" it is.

I can confirm that the vitaprep version can powder sugar and kosher salts and just about everything. One guy rolled his eyes, went to the line then came back for a second look and very amused..
    It's not the Answer it's the Experience

Its my understanding from reps that Vmix is dropping the 5000 and all the variants and are introducing a 350 and 750 model. At quick glance the only discernable difference is they have added a cleaning cycle to the auto functions. If you have local retailers in your area you may find new and demo units at good discounts. as they go from the 5000 series to the new models.

Lacking that I would not hesitate to pull trigger on factory warranted/refurbished unit. The wear part is the coupling on the container between the impeller and motor. If that is all right the whole unit is probably all right.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

+ Reply to Thread