VINTAGE CLEAVER

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
I think the handle is a little short .
only $224 on the E -BAY
clvdoublegermanx1.jpg
[/IMG]

What the hell is that? Looks more double bit axe than cleaver but it's not correct for that either. This is a first for me.

Can anyone see what the touchemarks(?) say or depict?

I may have just found myself a new zombie weapon.

I think that if you look closely, you can see "Conan was here" engraved on the handle.

What the hell is that? Looks more double bit axe than cleaver but it's not correct for that either. This is a first for me.

Can anyone see what the touchemarks(?) say or depict?

Perhaps the flower symbol - crysantheum - is the symbol of the royal family in Japan. Looks like the same symbol on my Kikuichi gyuto.

clvdoublegermanx7.jpg
[/IMG]
clvdoublegermanx2.jpg
[/IMG]

I think these photos say "My friggin axe cleaved the heads off the royal family on a block in Japan"

Somebody mail this to me please - I always wanted to find out what jail was like...

i almost bid on both of those this week, but then I realized I got the no money blues. lol

he does seem to have the one stop shop for vintage items but half the fun is finding a bargain else where.
one more.
clvrivl1.jpg
[/IMG]

Ralph has always had the very best selection of vintage kitchen/butcher knives on the internet but his stories and prices are kind of out there.

Ralph has always had the very best selection of vintage kitchen/butcher knives on the internet but his stories and prices are kind of out there.

He's selling a "very RARE" Nogent paring knife for $108 that TBT routinely has in stock for $45. More power to him I guess. Lots of cool vintage offerings for sure.

i have dealt with Ralph for years and his prices get higher and higher and the knives still look damn good. Every once in a while you can find a deal, But he wants full price or more if he can get it. He has better sources then me, then again he has been buying for over fifty years. he sure does love wildfire cutlery though.lol
That should tell you how out there he is.

Back