kid sushi - not for purists

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tk59

Founding Member
Reaction score
I was trying to figure out how to make sushi for the kids that was bite sized (for little kids), would hold together well, and had more than one non-binder component and I happened to see a little container of seaweed snacks while digging through the pantry. I made bite sized sushi-tacos. They were perfect. The kids ate lots of fish and avocado (as opposed to a ton of rice) and there was virtually no mess. I put a dab of eel sauce or wasabi (thanks, mhlee) on top and everybody but me went to town until they were full. Just for kicks, here's a pic after everyone else finished up along with the requisite blade present. sushi.jpg I apologize for the crappy color. My pics suck.:dontknow:

Haha. I thought you were gonna tell me I need a yanagiba! I definitely do need at least one.

lol... honestly, i'm more impressed with how you guys are great at getting your kids eating all kinds of foods in fun, smart, and creative ways... its a skill as far as i'm concerned

I thought that this thread was about sushi made with baby goat: now THAT wouldn't be one for purists.

I'm going to copy this idea when my son is the right age. ;)

Yup. You missed out and we had some leftover, too. :)

Just read this, and that is way cool. Love it. My 7-year-old is a picky eater but gobbles up raw fish like she is a whale cruising through the ocean and straining it through her teeth. You've inspired me. I should tinker around with small sushi bites more.

k.

Back