Quantcast
WTB Watanabe Kaibou
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB Watanabe Kaibou

WTB Watanabe Kaibou

O.k., I have all the knives I need, but this has been on my list for a long time. Before I order from Shinichi, does anybody want to sell his kaibou? I would prefer the 210. Of course, I'd also be happy to trade for a custom handle...

Thanks,

Stefan

Just Google this to find out what it was and was intrigued. I've not seem anything quite like it. Is it more like a thinner , longer double bevel deba, or thicker gyuto with a weird nose.

What would you see using it for the most?

What do you mean by 'using it'? I just want one It's just a concept I always found interesting and wanted to try it out. Seems like a robust knife that could handle all kinds of things. When I recently sold my Carter double bevel deba, I wanted to replace it with a kaibou but never followed up. And I had used that deba probably just as little as I will use the kaibou... For the big jobs I have the 240 Tojiro Western deba. Come to think of it, I may be better off with the 180 kaibou as a companion to the Tojiro monster.

Stefan

It sounds like it's Watanabe's interpretation of a western deba?

Does sound pretty BA, I also don't know what I'd do with one but my gut reaction upping seeing/reading about it was also "cool! I Want one! "

It'd sure look awesome wearing a custom Stefan handle. Will Shinichi sell your one cheaper sans handle?

IIRC he takes $5 off if you order without handle. I think I have a spalted maple handle somewhere that should work on it. I guess I'll wait just a little bit and order one in March, not many have it and those who do seem to rarely sell it.

Stefan

+ Reply to Thread