Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uk based bargain on Chosera 5000

Uk based bargain on Chosera 5000

I have just purchased a Chosera 5000 grit stone from eBay.co.uk for £39.99 plus 4.99 postage.
    I know that this may not seem the best bargain to all out there but is very cheap for the uk.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Japanese-5...88409880871149

I saw this listed and from the description and picture thought that it may be a chosera 5000 grit stone even though there is no mention of chosera.
    The stone arrived this morning very well packed and is definetly a brand new fully boxed chosera.
    I thought I would post this here as the seller still has 4 more at the moment if anyone is interested in a bargain.

That really is a bargain!

Ach the one thing I don't need is a finishing stone but I might go for this. I'll give it a little more time and maybe get one. They're £76 + shipping at Edenwebshops so this really is a bargain. Thanks for sharing it and having the balls to actually buy one. Anyone think it would be worth getting this if I have a Rika 5k a King 4k and a King 6k?

Just grabbed one, been after one for ages, cheers for the heads up.
    If you're happy with your rika 5k then no need, but I really like the feel and the edge when I tried Will's

Mount it on something before using it or risk it breaking. The 5k Choseras are prone to snapping in half very easily.

As for it being worth it compared to the Rika, I'd say no for double bevels but yes for yanagibas especially if you have or plan on getting a 10k Chosera.

Yeah well I went and got one . Only 2 left now. I bet that guy is scratching his head right now. If only he knew.....

Was actually watching a 10k SS on ebay the other day but it went for big bucks so there seemingly are people in the UK who know their stuff about stones

Yeah waterstones on eBay uk can go for silly money sometimes, I've missed out on quite a few stones some have gone higher than they cost new....

It is also funny to see how popular Global branded stuff is in the UK. Global stones always go for a fortune, yet here is one that is probably much better and hardly anyone notices. I think the 10k SS went for nearly what it cost new which is incredibly stupid

By the way I Forgot to mention this is the version with base so hopefully shouldn't crack.
    I bought a naniwa 8000 snow white from the same seller a couple of weeks ago and had been keeping my eyes open for a stone to go before it when I saw this one. Strangely they listed the snow white as a naniwa but not the chosera.

I really like my chosera 5K. I payed allot more than this for it! Mine needed flatting down a good way before I got a very nice feel from the stone. Also dry them out very slowly. My bread bin no longer has bread in, it has some moist cardboard to store stones slightly damp.