Thread: Magnolia for a handle. Where to buy?

Magnolia for a handle. Where to buy?

As in the subject, any decent online shop [with good politics on postage to europe] selling nicely sized pieces of magnolia?

Why not buy a premade one? One in magnolia.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Why do you work in wood? Or otherwise, why would you work in wood if you have good money of something else? Pleasure? Joy?

Plus am tired of all those handles shiny like dogs bollocks

Plus for the cleaver im rehandling I need a size matching my hand perfectly, like on the other I made for myself. I was thinking size of debas handle, but little higher, and half round half octagonal.

Good enough arguments ?

There are better woods than magnolia (with a nicer grain too) and easier to get. For instance, natural koa will give you a great figure and good water resistance and you can also finish it with oils.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I'm sure someone can send you a piece of plain old wood to use. Maple? Rosewood? A chunk of cherry?
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

http://www.mehr-als-werkzeug.de
    www.brisa.fi

And the burl source with free postage if I dont find anything I like better.

I really can buy some But til what I planned nothing really fits.