Hello from Glasgow

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

japanana

Reaction score
Greetings folks, just on here to find out a little more information about the knife i recently bought. It's a Masakage yuki santuko. It seemed like a reasonable price for what it is, i was just wondering if anybody else here had any other opinion on it. Cheers:thumbsup:

Doesn't look bad. Here is what I found. Others are better equipped to chime in on this info.

The Facts
Rockwell Hardness 61:63
Knife Shape / Type Santoku
Blade Length 165mm
Type of Steel Shirogami clad with stainless steel
Handle Material Oval hoo and red pakka wood

Take it from former pro chef, Kevin Kent, who began his knife business, Knifewear, in 2007 in order to share his love of Japanese blades. “The big reason that chefs love Japanese knives is that they are made with much harder steel,” the self-described “knife nerd” says. “Harder steel gives us two advantages: we can make the knives sharper and make them stay sharper longer.” Kent even designed seven of the nine lines from Masakage, the thin, razor-sharp blades available primarily at Knifewear in Calgary’s Inglewood neighbourhood. Check out the gorgeous Masakage Yuki Santoku (yuki means “snow”) for $151 or the Masakage 210mm Kumo Gyuto, (kumo means “cloud”) for $298. Happy carving.

Hi, What do you think of it? How does it compare to your other knives? Best, Bryan

Back