Quantcast
Static electricity
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Static electricity

Static electricity

I ground a blade today and was getting hit by some serious static,it was getting to be painfully annoying.Is there anything you can do about it or do I have to suck it up and quit whining.

Maybe a problem with the grounding of your grinder?

Maybe you could run a wire from the grinder to the ground, or unground yourself.

spray static guard can be your friend!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

rubber matts and shoes. check your grinder.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    rubber matts and shoes. check your grinder.
    +1

I do have a thick rubber fatigue mat and I was wearing sorel pack boot,it was 18* in my garage.My grinder is a kmg clone and it would near impossible that the motor could transfer an electric charge to the grinder.I am sure it is just the dry winter air in my garage,I will get a couple of cans of static guard and see if it works.

Is your grinder on a steel table? When mine was i used to get shocked pretty frequently. I switched it to an aluminum table and it stopped. I am swapping again to a 1.5" thick wood top bench just top help clean up the shop a bit. Just a thought

temp and humidity are the culprit..

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
    Is your grinder on a steel table? When mine was i used to get shocked pretty frequently. I switched it to an aluminum table and it stopped. I am swapping again to a 1.5" thick wood top bench just top help clean up the shop a bit. Just a thought
    I am on a wood bench and the grinder base plate is two 3/4" plywood sheets screwed together.