Frankfurt boy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ogden

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hello. Was looking for some kitchen knives in the last months and found this great forum. I am born in Hamburg, Germany and my wife and I live in Frankfurt since three years. I am not a professional but I cook every day. More eyperienced with outdoor-knives. Chris Reeve is a maker I like (the 'Project II' was my first real quality knife, now I go outdoors with the much smaller 'Professional Soldier').
End of last year my wifes favourite small Santoku died and I started to look for kitchen knives, which will last. Had a couple of e-mail-conversations with custom knife-makers, but waiting lists seem to be long (if orders are accepted at all). We went for two knives from Kevin Wilkins (a Ryback Bushcrafter with orange grips and a Mytuko Major). They are in use since a couple of days and the first impression is really good. What a fun to cook with good knives! First time I experience this (the new 60x40x4cm white synthetic chopping board nearly doubles the fun).
I am still looking for a large Chef Knife. I really like Kevin Wilkins Ryback Series 2, but in the moment his grip colours do not fit. I will post a thread 'Series 2-like Chef knife?' later in the forum.
I am not a native speaker, be patient with a simple Frankfurt boy. Greetings from Germany and all the best for this nice Forum!

Welcome! Lots of knowledge and helpful people here.

:welcome2:

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

Welcome to the forum! I lived down the road from you in Lahr for 2 1/2 years!

Latest posts

Back