Baking for fido

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpikeC

Founding Member
Reaction score
Who else is baking dog biscuits? I've been replacing store bought with home made just recently. I met a woman at a Farmers Market that was selling Banana Biscotti and peanut butter hearts that the dogs really seemed to like, and after the market season waned I did a Google search and found the recipes that she was using. After cooking a couple of batches I started just using what I had on hand and the dogs don't seem to mind the lack of a formal recipe! This latest batch is whole wheat flower, rolled oats, milk powder, eggs and peanut butter, with a bit of baking powder and oil.

0220021321a.jpg0220021405.jpg

I'm not, but now you have me interested. I think anything with peanut butter is going to work - at least with my dog. She gets scrambled eggs though......

Considering that you are using a heart shaped mold, I am assuming that is one spoiled pooch.

Right now there are 4 in the house! No spoiling, strict discipline at all times!!

I used to do treats with the pulp left over from juicing vegetables & fruit. Dried it out in the oven a bit and blended it in with the other stuff. Had to make really small treats...that much fiber used to make him fart like a maniac.

The GFs folks have a dog that they pamper like crazy. Like $80 hair cuts once a month sort of crazy. I've been thinking that next year for Christmas I'd like to make some treats or something for her. I'd love a recipe if anyone has a good one.

We have four in our house too and I have thought about making treats, but haven't yet. Anything with peanut butter would definitely go over well with ours. We give them quite a few carrots because our Australian Sheppard has bad breath/teeth and that helps a lot naturally. Great mix of pooches though Golden Retriever, Australian Sheppard, Cockapoo and a pug.

These are the other 3, the avatar is Steeler.
Dottie and the Boyz.jpg

Nice family photo. I have an Australian shepherd border collie mix named Triton. You are motivating me to make some with a cat cookie cutter. Although I already have a border collie cookie cutter. Probably just use that.

Neither, the 3 are Staffordshire Bull Terriers, an English variety. Steeler, my avatar, is American Staffordshire and Mastiff.

Back