D. Martell Lookee what I've got coming tomorrow....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
:EDance2: Just the table - I can't wait! :EDance2:

DISK_WR3.jpg

DISK_WR2.jpg

DISK_WR4.jpg

DISK_WR1.jpg

looks great. Very neat design, though a miter slot would have been a nice addition. Who makes these?

Do you ever get the feeling that knifemakers only do this so they can buy power toys...

:biggrin:just saying.
paulhopprich700x426.jpg
[/IMG]

Very nice Dave!!! My next tool is a variable speed disk. Now i have tool envy....Also if you turn it down slow enough....Maybe with some 1 micron compound...Your head will shine for weeks :D I can't say anything...I have the same haircut :p

So my new toy (ahem....I mean tool) came in today and I need to share it's coolness. :)

I've combined a disc grinder with a VFD, a quick change disc system using both flat discs & 1 deg bevel faces, and now a work rest/table. It's so freakin' cool I can hardly stand it!!! :EDance2:

The only thing that could be better is if I had a 2nd one :D

P1010013-8.jpg

P1010014-9.jpg

P1010015-11.jpg

P1010017-10.jpg

P1010018-7.jpg

P1010019-5.jpg

P1010020-4.jpg

5 sec quick change to a new disc...sweet!
P1010021-2.jpg

Now I can't wait to do some grinding tomorrow, looks like tangs are up on deck to be tapered. :)

How hard is it to swap discs with that workrest on it?

That really is a phenomenal setup. If I were a rich man, I'd buy this today.

If you show a few more of these toys I will move in with you in August :D

Stefan

I just had the VFD, the Neilson hub abd 2 disks come. I want the table! Where do I find it?

How hard is it to swap discs with that workrest on it?

That really is a phenomenal setup. If I were a rich man, I'd buy this today.

All you have to do is 1/8 turn 2 handles and the rest slides away (or comes off) from the disc. Combined with the quick change disc set up it's just flip off a plate and flip on another and push the rest back in. Not much longer than changing a belt on a belt grinder. :)

For a moment I thought it was fro Travis Wuertz. Very similar principle for fastening.
The dust collection container is super neat!

M

I am guessing you have had some time to play with the new toy,
....I mean slave away working with the new grinder.
How do you like it?

I am guessing you have had some time to play with the new toy,
....I mean slave away working with the new grinder.
How do you like it?

Guess what? I haven't touched it yet - I've been on the belt just looking over at it once in awhile. :(

Too often when I get a new toy, I mean tool, I hesitate to start using it.
I get set in old routines and procrastinate using the new tool that will cause me to have to change my routine.
But then when I finally start using the new one and get used to it I look back and say to myself "I should have been using this weeks ago".

Nice!! Yes, a miter slot would be good, but just having the table/workrest is a drastic improvement IMO. So is your next one going to be the horizontal setup?:doublethumbsup:

Too often when I get a new toy, I mean tool, I hesitate to start using it.
I get set in old routines and procrastinate using the new tool that will cause me to have to change my routine.
But then when I finally start using the new one and get used to it I look back and say to myself "I should have been using this weeks ago".

Just did the same thing with a simple 12" disc sander I had picked up a while ago. It just sat there with plastic over it so it doesn't get dusty. Now that I started using it, life has become yet a little bit easier.

Stefan

Just finished wireing up the motor and VFD, and the confirmation came that the tool rest has shipped. :dance:

The new tool rest setup means that it is actually more imperative that I buy one of those disc grinders soon. I want to try to split the output from my current VFD or just put plugs on the output and on each motor so I can save a few shekels.

Well I finally got some time in on this new set up and yeah the table/work rest does help a lot for some things and so far I have no regrets.

Pierre, did yours come in yet?

Back