Quantcast
San Mai Gyuto - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: San Mai Gyuto

I think I will eventually sharpen past it.. As long as it has found its happy place and does not continue to move.. That said.. I like the knife and have been using it for most all of my kitchen work for a couple weeks now. And it wont break my heart if I have to keep this one around! lol

As soon as we get caught up a little on the orders. Jr. will go back to testing and making a few other combinations.. May switch from a carbon Damascus clad.. and go carbon core with stainless clad. even stainless Damascus at some point.

Thanks for checking out the thread! comments and suggestions welcomed!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

Prepped dinner with this knife on my new Board Smith board today! I gota tall ya, both were a pleasure to use.. I cut a loaf of bread with a gyuto. I cant remember where I read it. but someone said they use there gyuto to cut bread.. So I gave it a shot. and it worked like a dream.. Hard crust, garlic and herb bread. From a local bakery. Mmm Mmmm Good!

As far as edge retention. This steel is great! It has been holding its edge really well, and I have not had to resharpen or had any issues with it..

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

240mm Stainless Gyuto!!

+ Reply to Thread