Gyuto Mario

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salty dog

Reaction score
I offer my thoughts at the end of the video.

Warning - Explicit Language contained in this video

[video=youtube_share;0kVs8aJlq3E]http://youtu.be/0kVs8aJlq3E[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
This knife has impressed me
It reminded me of a knife of one person
Yes, it was just RRLOVER
It is a pity that many people use nicknames on the forum.
Given the cost of affordable knives Mario, this knife just perfect

Because of the relatively short time Mario's been making knives I'm kinda reluctant to say he's currently making some of the bicest gyutos out there.....but he is.

I love the final comment as much as I love the handle!

Congrats to Mario!

Mario is just one of those you know put hears and soul into a knife.

Nice job, Mario! I can't wait to try out one of these knives you're putting out. :)

mario1-1.jpg

mariotooth.jpg

You love your tomato destruction. Great end comment. High praise.

Is a name change to "Super Mario" in order?

Impressive. The force is strong with this one. *the knife force that is

Pretty ***** good is right! That's one damn impressive knife.

Steel? Edge retention?

Cheers for posting Salty! mpp

I used it on Saturday. We had a hors d'oeuvres funeral lincheon at noon then worked service in the PM. Bout a 14 hr shift. (not proud, those days are over) and I worked prep and final service. At the end of the day it was still "sharp". Fine for normal work but not for the refined stuff. That's all I ask out of a knife, 14 hrs. Then it get's touched up.

I haven't handled any of his, but just watching what he's been doing, it seems like he's doing what the Voodoo Glow Skulls did...they practiced several times a week in a basement for a solid year before their first show and arrived with massive skills.

His knives seemed right up your alley, Salty.

Voodoo Glow Skulls are Riverside locals. They play fairly often, but I haven't seen them in years. A couple of them will show up to our house parties every now and then.

I also, have one of Mario's gyutos and have been using it a lot lately. I am going to post some dimensions and thoughts in a week or so. Just wanted to use it at work for a while before posting about it. I have been very happy with it so far, it cuts extremely well, gets very sharp, and holds an edge well. I love the shorter profile of the knife.

-Chuck

I also, have one of Mario's gyutos and have been using it a lot lately. I am going to post some dimensions and thoughts in a week or so. Just wanted to use it at work for a while before posting about it. I have been very happy with it so far, it cuts extremely well, gets very sharp, and holds an edge well. I love the shorter profile of the knife.

-Chuck

I am just happy you are not complaining the handle is to big:biggrin:

It would have to be bigger than the barrel of a baseball bat for it to be too big for chuck!

It seems the finish on the blade is absolutely immaculate, which would highlight any grind flaws, which are apparently not present! Funny, most customs come with built-in "character"; Mario's knives "character" lies within their perfection..... kudos!

Back