Quantcast
Open Source Idea -- Custom Butter/Table Knives - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Source Idea -- Custom Butter/Table Knives

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    That's hilarious that all three of you were bidding on the same item. You two just cost Drinky some money!

Let's see what had you all so excited.
    Actually, I was shill bidding for the owner. Never would have done that if I knew son was bidding on it. Oops, actually it just appeared that way I was trying to win. Darn! I hate losing.

Great idea, but I love these old bakelite knives with the round tips, I would probably leave them as they are. If I had the funds, I would go for a varied set of steak knives instead, but I will still sit back and watch this project, I'd love to see how that goes.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Actually, I was shill bidding for the owner. Never would have done that if I knew son was bidding on it. Oops, actually it just appeared that way I was trying to win. Darn! I hate losing.
    actually, i have no idea what Karring bought, I was going to bid on a few russell table/ dinner knives and send them to him as samples, but somebody bought them before I could pull the trigger.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    actually, i have no idea what Karring bought, I was going to bid on a few russell table/ dinner knives and send them to him as samples, but somebody bought them before I could pull the trigger.
    Good to hear. I have stayed away from eBay other than bidding on Vintage berkel slicers.

Sorry was double posting error

You could consider doing it in damascus and no wooden handle. Like this:

Here is another option:

Me on the other hand would have gone for fewer but bigger butter knives.
    Ive fallen in love with this one:

That kind of shape. You wanna have a knife with that big surface I would go western handle. My 2 cent

Hi everyone

Jürgen Schnanz offeres semi-custom classic german breakfast-knives (Buckels) made from Niolox/SB1 : http://www.messerforum.net/showthread.php?t=88997
    Herdes has them in carbon/cherry: http://www.messer-mit-tradition.de/w...sklinge&rub=20

I have the Herders, they are quite thin (very interesting company btw) and offer quite some value

Just as a thought
    Greets
    Benjamin
    Last edited by banjo1071; 02-22-2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: typo

Oivind, that first one would be a very cool shape for condiment servers. I was considering these Pendray knives a while back, and I loved the look of having the entire knife out of damascus.

k.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pendrayt-wootz-2-94.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	4820  
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1071 View Post
    Hi everyone

Jürgen Schnanz offeres semi-custom classic german breakfast-knives (Buckels) made from Niolox/SB1 : http://www.messerforum.net/showthread.php?t=88997
    Herdes has them in carbon/cherry: http://www.messer-mit-tradition.de/w...sklinge&rub=20

I have the Herders, they are quite thin (very interesting company btw) and offer quite some value

Just as a thought
    Greets
    Benjamin
    Thanks, for the German links. Those knives are right up my alley too, and I like the handles without bolsters. Btw, Mr Drinky registered at MesserForum to see the photos but after doing so I did not have the right permissions to look at the photos. Their forum rules outran my German language skills

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Hi
    Yeah. It takes a few days for the registration to be active, the admins are very busy there..
    Jürgen makes good, thin knives for a great price. I have some of his semi-custom work....:

http://www.messerkontor.eu/KOCHMESSE...z:::3_608.html

Greets B