I just talked with Hoss about this a bit, and he said that he would love to work on the project, but he doesn't have a rough unit price yet as it depends upon how many knives we are talking about, integral bolster or not, type of wood, dimensions etc.
He openly admitted that he would probably not be the cheapest one to do it, but he also said he would work with us to keep the cost reasonable enough especially if more people want to buy some.
Here are some issues up for discussion:
* Dimensions: Handle, Blade (I posted some above but maybe olpappy can measure his 'freebie' knife to throw that in the mix).
* Wood: Devin mentioned blackwood and cocobolo. Maybe we could decide on a few different options.
* Bolster: No bolster, integral, pinned? Integrals will take more work and cost a bit more. I personally am fine with no bolster.
* Handle: Full tang, narrow hidden tang, or wa if anyone in interested in that. Pins? (yes, no, number).
* Damascus Patterns. Maybe we choose four patterns -- or if someone wants a six-knife set, six patterns.
Anyhow, food for thought. Give your preferences now or forever hold your peace. Even if no one wants any, I am still getting my one-off set Once we have these details I can get a price from Devin, and at that point the number of takers may determine the ultimate discount he is willing to give.
As for me, I will probably just get a set of 4 knives.