Steak au poivre

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmtb

Banned
Reaction score
Did some steak au poivre today. Got a whole tenderloin, trimmed it and made steaks for some friends.

imag0017n.jpg

imag0018g.jpg

imag0019ab.jpg

imag0020ay.jpg

imag0021sz.jpg

Looks good did you use Congac .
looks like you might be in the market for a new cutting board.:wink:

I am envious my wife doesn't like pepper so I rarely get to eat that. Looks great.

That looks great!!! I like steak done anyway!!

Steely, I used cognac, whole milk (no cream), pepercorns and very thinly minced sweet onions (no chalots). That is my epicure board, which I use as my meat board; light and easy to clean. I have a John Boos walnut board as my main.

Steaks were cut 1.5 inches, at least and came out perfectly medium rare. I like the rare of medium rare side, and my wife likes it medium rare. However, my friends are those medium well eaters, so I had to fire their steaks up again. I wished I had time and I could have broken down the cryo pack a few days ago to let the steaks settle, but it was enjoyable never the less.

You're crowding your pan. :razz:

Hey, that's after searing and putting the steaks on the grill to finish. It's just there to soak up the flavors :eek:

Back