Another WIP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRLOVER

Reaction score
007-45.jpg

009-41.jpg

013-20.jpg

I am on vaca so I started on another blade.The first pic is the blade fresh off the grinder at x16 belt.The second pic is hand sanded with 2k grit paper.The third pic is after a hand rub with some flitz and is ready for a handle.

003-62.jpg

006-47.jpg

007-46.jpg

007-46.jpg

She needs some wax on the handle and some sharpening other then that she is done.I tried a different convex grind then what I have been doing.The handle is redwood and horn.

Wow, you went from 2k to Flitz and got that killer shine? Great work.

Very nice Mario, Amazing colors in the wood, what is it?

She needs some wax on the handle and some sharpening other then that she is done.I tried a different convex grind then what I have been doing.The handle is redwood and horn.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to send this knife my way so I can do a comparison of this new grind and your previous grind. :bat:

Mario,

Looks great. What did you do different about the grind?

-Chuck

Beautiful Knife!

But..... the photo that shows your reflection makes you look like one of the "Coneheads" from Saturday Night Live.
Not that it's a bad thing. ....just sayin.

Beautiful Knife!

But..... the photo that shows your reflection makes you look like one of the "Coneheads" from Saturday Night Live.
Not that it's a bad thing. ....just sayin.

The distortion is a good thing,that means it's not flat.

Johnny the spacers are linen micarta.I was using a spacer I got from usa knifemaker,but when I sharpened one of my knives they swelled from the water.....not good!

Latest posts

Back