• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Stephan Fowler 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew H

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial
Reaction score
Up for sale is my 240 Stephan Fowler gyuto in W2 with box elder burl and cocobolo handle. When I first got the knife it was too thick behind the edge so I sent it back to Stephan for some thinning. The knife performs much better now but the profile is just too flat for me. If you want something with a nice big flat spot this knife could be the one for you. The gyuto has a mild distal taper until about 2.5 inches from the tip, then it tapers dramatically. It is beefy enough at the heel to handle root vegetables and very, very thin at the tip. Stephan's W2 gets sharp very easily and feels great on the stones, a real pleasure in every way. It has taken on a nice metallic blue patina but it is extremely hard to capture. The choil is comfortable, but the spine is only eased around the first 1/3 of the knife. It wouldn't take long to round, it just never bothered me enough to do it.
I'm asking $350 including PP fees and shipping CONUS.

Here are some terrible iPhone pics (camera is MIA), let me know if you want better pictures.

Any photos of the left side? Is it thinned out like the right side?

-Chuck

Yeah it is, sorry again for yet another terrible picture:

Price drop to $325 shipped and insured to CONUS.

Final price drop to $300 shipped and insured to CONUS, it's worth that to me so if it doesn't sell I'll be keeping it.

BTT. Still at $300, $150 off a new one from Stephan.

BTT. Still at $300, $150 off a new one from Stephan.

I'm amazed it hasn't sold yet at this price. Feel free to PM trade offers since this money would be going to new knives anyways.

Bump :biggrin:

I can be as flexible as yourself with things, what ever works for both of us. Price shipping wise. I Messed up my finger for the first time with a shaving sharp blade to. 3 cooks doing GM for 3800 total over 3 days. "I slipped in the saucier juice" when trying to help in the weeds.

I'm kinda surprised it stuck around so long I was able to get it.

Back