Quantcast
The keepers - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The keepers

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    That's an impressive keeper collection. I was lucky enough to land one of your cleavers with a fish handle (Masahiro M3). I'm grateful for your collection, but I am also grateful for what you have sold off

k.
    Don't remind me, I miss that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy777 View Post
    I never planned on owning 30 different cleavers, but I was curious and...
    The words of a true junkie!

Andy I don't remember the exact quote but Fish once said something like you were going to change magnetic north with all that steel you had hanging on your wall.

Thanks Andy777, Your comments really help my understanding of the vegetable cleaver. I really like them too, the distal taper on such a wide piece of steel make them difficult to make. David

Andy, I think that long post of yours was one of my favorite posts of the year. You gave some cool history and raised at least a few points that I hadn't thought about before. I'm just a noob when it comes to cleavers, and this stuff helps me understand them more.

Thanks,
    k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Martin Yan would be really proud of you and all you have done for the Cleaver cause.

Hahahaha, thanks! I like to think I've made a small impact in my little corner of the world. A CCK or Suien in every kitchen in America is my goal. I just need to pass the torch to someone now that I'm retired from buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy777 View Post
    Hahahaha, thanks! I like to think I've made a small impact in my little corner of the world. A CCK or Suien in every kitchen in America is my goal. I just need to pass the torch to someone now that I'm retired from buying.
    The BEST way I can figure for you to achieve your cause, is to buy one, practice your handle making skills, sharpen and use it, review and praise it, then put it in B/S/T! Every time you do that, one more kitchen will have a cleaver...

I never get tired of looking at your collection. I bet you posted it, but for some strange reason, I don't remember the Fish re-handle on the Mizuno.

If you ever feel the need to re-handle some more cleavers, I'll be happy to volunteer mine.

I think the forum would really enjoy re-posts of your classic posts of 'Why I like Cleavers', was it 'Using Cleavers?', and a link to the video 'Five cleaver cuts'.

Jay

PS If I can identify all the cleavers, does that put me at the top of the list in getting to buy the next cleaver from you? You know it would have to be your Sugimoto #6 with the Saya.

You are probably right Jay, I should repost my old cleaver posts, if for nothing else than nostalgia.

You know you are already near the top of the list for that Fish Sugimoto.