Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The keepers

New Thread?

"You are probably right Jay, I should repost my old cleaver posts, if for nothing else than nostalgia. "

CLEAVER FORUM! CLEAVER FORUM! CLEAVER FORUM!

Remember what I said about that love-hate cleaver, and I am currently searching for an artisan to re-handle my Saji Damascus Chukabocho.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

Does anyone have any opinion on the JCK Kagayaki line of cleavers? I have a CCK and it's fun but I wanna try something different. Would this one offer a step up at all or should I go for the Suien?

Have seen and tried the Kagayakis. Yes, it woud be a step up; yes, you will be happier with a Suien, yes, JCK or Jon on this forum are great vendors.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...

droooooling over your Takeda

Hi andy777. Man, Ive been getting into Japanese knives lately and out of my Wusthofs. I seriously have no idea about what Im doing, so trying to take it slow. My first Japanese knife is the 270mm Takeda Gyuoto. I love it. Ive been watching this forum and two others for the past month, and this is the first post on this thread. I have a cheap super heavy duty $20 Chinese cleaver which I bought at the local Chinese grocery store and its fun for breaking stuff, but is no laser - more like a mini axe. I am committing acts of adultery over your Takeda man, if you would ever want to come off of it, I would be SO very interested in helping you out. I have been interested in professionally learning how to use a cleaver since I was a kid, and even with my 5 years of experience working kitchens, I've never seen anyone take one out. Now that I am finally moving up in the food world, I want to go for the cleaver anyways, maybe learn slowly on my own. I think its hilarious how there is a group of cleaver guys on this forum, you all seem quite knowledgeable. Anyways, sorry for hijacking your post. Much props.

Have had a set of Wusthofs I have been building for thirty-three years, including a cleaver named 'Wally' (The other chefs got one named 'Beaver' and 'Eddy Haskell', there is a good story attendant) and an 8" Wide Cooks sent to me by Wolfgang Wusthof himself and I use my new Saji almost to the exclusion of the whole set now! The more you use a cleaver, the more you use a cleaver! Drooling over that Takeda myself, but not to be.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!