Quantcast
Rabbit recipe wanted - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rabbit recipe wanted

My tried and true method is to mix salt, pepper, a little bit of garlic powder, onion powder and flour - dust the rabbit in the mix and brown it - throw some stock in the bottom of the pan (probably about 1/2 cup) and steam it for about an hour. Then deglaze with some stock and then I usually make a milk gravy with that.

Of course, hasenpfeffer is always a classic...

i rub them with with 5 spice. dont bother with deboning them. roast them in a big pan, and braise them with some stock, onions, celery, carrots, bay leaves and black peppercorns. once they are cooked through, remove them from the stock and pick the meat.

use the bones and the remaining stock to make a jus.

i like to serve it up the picked rabbit meat with fresh pasta (do not used dried...ever) and the jus as the sauce. good things to put with it are english peas, braised onions (from julia childs book), fresh parm, etc.
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Snips View Post
    i rub them with with 5 spice. dont bother with deboning them. roast them in a big pan, and braise them with some stock, onions, celery, carrots, bay leaves and black peppercorns. once they are cooked through, remove them from the stock and pick the meat.

use the bones and the remaining stock to make a jus.

i like to serve it up the picked rabbit meat with fresh pasta (do not used dried...ever) and the jus as the sauce. good things to put with it are english peas, braised onions (from julia childs book), fresh parm, etc.
    That sounds amazing. I love rabbit pasta.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

+ Reply to Thread