Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Poll

Can anyone recommend something non-slip that is easily picked up in Canada?

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    I wear Bastad Van Gogh in burgundy leather. Steel toe clogs, closed back, wood bottom, real leather, hardcore Norwegian design. If you want to mess your back up and slide around on the tiles like its an ice skating rink, get these bad boys.

Bistro Crocs here

i like the looks of these lace up crocs... i might get em.
    http://www.crocs.com/crocs-mens-hove...&cgid=work-men

Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    I wear Bastad Van Gogh in burgundy leather. Steel toe clogs, closed back, wood bottom, real leather, hardcore Norwegian design. If you want to mess your back up and slide around on the tiles like its an ice skating rink, get these bad boys.
    Are these the ones that come with a prescription for Vicodin?

I've been using a pair of Dansko Wil's now for about a month and love them. These are a new style of dansko that is better designed for people with low arches and flat feet. More comfortable than my birki profi's and the slight knee pain and shoulder pain that's developed over the year has actually improved.

I'm starting to rethink my previous attachment to danskos. I've had two (older) pairs bite the dust on me in the last year due to the soles cracking and/or disintegrating and one newer pair in which the leather tore at the side. It looked like I somehow snagged it on something but I don't know what snagged it. I talked to Dansko about the issues with the soles. Their reply was that some of the older models are prone to having the soles fall apart if they aren't worn enough, like how a tire can start to have problems if the car is parked too long. I didn't buy that story. Sounds like a materials quality issue to me.

Quote Originally Posted by quantumcloud509 View Post
    Haha so true. They used to take bets at the last place I worked for when I would fall because I fell three times...twice in one day. The upside was that they made me never once notice my back on a 15-18 hour shift. Also they are freaking tanks. Three years and too many 60 and 70 hour weeks behind me and they just finally lost a nail in the back a couple months ago. I'm on my second pair and I never take em off. wear them everywhere. I just slowed down a little and havent fallen since but like you say they are certainly not very slip resistant despite what the label says. Less slippery on water than oil for sure.

I used to use Chef revival which are wooden bottom real leather with rivets and open back or at least that's how they used to be. Now I have a pair of Birkenstock which are good but once I went to the croc bistro I haven't been able to go back. It's like the crocs flattened my feet. But at least they don't slip.

sorry but i haven't read the whole thread, anybody here uses doc marten's as work shoes?

what are your thoughts on them?

thanks.