Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Poll

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    sorry but i haven't read the whole thread, anybody here uses doc marten's as work shoes?

what are your thoughts on them?

thanks.
    I used to use DM's as work boots. I found that they just didn't give the support I needed for the long hours of standing in the kitchen. Aside from my previous comments about my concerns regarding their materials, I still haven't found anything I like more than the Dansko/Sanita clogs, just don't try to run in them. LOL

thanks miles for the reply.

i just think that dm's last forever and can be beaten to a pulp and still give you a lifetime of service.

but yes sanitas are great too, once you break them in and start "living in them". sucks that you can't run in them though. lol

=D

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    I'm starting to rethink my previous attachment to danskos. I've had two (older) pairs bite the dust on me in the last year due to the soles cracking and/or disintegrating and one newer pair in which the leather tore at the side. It looked like I somehow snagged it on something but I don't know what snagged it. I talked to Dansko about the issues with the soles. Their reply was that some of the older models are prone to having the soles fall apart if they aren't worn enough, like how a tire can start to have problems if the car is parked too long. I didn't buy that story. Sounds like a materials quality issue to me.
    Sounds like made in China to me. That's why I switched to sanitas for clogs. The original manufacturer of danskos. I still love my dansko wayne slip on loafers though . Awesome.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

Previously used Bistro crocs, but my pair went 'MIA' from my locker. Who wants 12 month old Crocs that have been worn for 55-60 hours a week I don't know.
    Considering that I got on with my old pair, do you guys think I should stick with them or try another kind? I'm in England so I dunno if we have the range that you guys do, but if you suggest something links would be appreciated (even if its a US website)

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I wear birki's by birkenstock. here is a link to a site, but have not went looking for better price. If I was in England I would look at birkenstocks for their professional clogs.

http://www.happyfeet.com/Products/PR...__BIPBKPO.aspx
    Chewie's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    Sounds like made in China to me. That's why I switched to sanitas for clogs. The original manufacturer of danskos. I still love my dansko wayne slip on loafers though . Awesome.
    I thought that too, but when I checked it out, much to my surprise, the two with issues with the soles weren't made in China, they were both made by Sanita. As I researched it, my experience is not unique. They apparently had issues with materials a few years ago.

Has anyone tried super-birkis vs profi-birkis? I believe the profis are sturdier (deeper tread).

I can find the profis in Canada for 120, super birkis for 85. Both have a 20% boxing week discount, bu the price difference is substantial.

Also considering sanitas but they are quite a bit more expensive...I can only find them for approx 140+, no discount

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    i like the looks of these lace up crocs... i might get em.
    http://www.crocs.com/crocs-mens-hove...&cgid=work-men
    so i picked up these croc shoes and i certainly like the way they look and theyre very non slip but they need to be broken in big time. the first to days i wore them they were very stiff and my feet were quite soar afterward, especially in the toe area. is there a quick way to break in shoes besides the old fashion way?

Normally just wear new shoes about the house for a while before I wear them all the time. I like the look of those lace up crocs though I'd prefer white. Interested to hear your thoughts on them

i think ill stuff the shoes with rolled up socks and towels to stretch out the toe area for a few days...theyre pretty nice shoes, and they have little air vents on the insides which i like. that was my main beef with crocs originally, they dont seem to be too breathable.