Quantcast
Footwear Poll - Page 6
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Poll

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post
    Just did a quick search, are the Lowas boots? I'm not opposed to boots, I wore them for years pounding concrete floors working in the foundry. That was where I learned money was no object for good footwear. The right shoe/boot is the difference between chronic pain and being pain free. We had no choice on boots though, I would think they would feel pretty heavy in the kitchen.

-AJ
    Yes, the Lowa's are boots. I have had a single pair for over 3 years and worn them everyday. They are heavier than trainers or clogs..true, but they are very light-weight for boots. They have a poly mid-sole (so I am told), which not only makes them light weight, but also very responsive to your feet. The mid-sole is actually what wears out quickest on boots and shoes, and the poly is said to last the longest (I would have to agree with this). I would also suggest superfeet...no matter the shoe choice. They are the next best thing to orthopedic insoles. I have a colleague who recommends them when insurance refuses to pay for orthopedics.

PS: I just noticed you are in Georgia...If you are interested in the Lowa...Try REI. They have the best guarantee.

And, If you have flat feet. You do not need flat shoes. You need a shoe or at least an insert that will make your feet arch correctly. This will correctly align your knees, hips, and back. It's uncomfortable to start, but very worth it after about 1-2 weeks.

i HIGHLY endorse these. Look great, last long, comfortable
    http://shop.timberland.com/product/i...ductId=4208982
    Music--Food .:':. Dancing--Eating

Quote Originally Posted by joex175 View Post
    I have gone through 2 pairs of Blundstones & 4 pairs of insoles in the last year , insoles are around 30-40 dollars each and the shoes were 160 each
    WOW, I am really suprised by this as I have worn nothing but my Blundstone boots for over 2 years straight at work, at home and on my Harley.

I also have extremely flat arches, which contributed to me getting plantar fasciitis 5 years ago. I now wear custom orthotics full-time. It's pricey, but I do highly recommend them.

Shoes for Crews. Love 'em.

I have wide feet, and I've tried a few different brands, but my last 3 pairs have been Shoes for Crews and all three are still in use. I use New Balance insoles in them. The ones I have are well made, and haven't had any issues. Recommended.

~Tad

Quote Originally Posted by tweyland View Post
    I have wide feet, and I've tried a few different brands, but my last 3 pairs have been Shoes for Crews and all three are still in use. I use New Balance insoles in them. The ones I have are well made, and haven't had any issues. Recommended.

~Tad
    Those are the only shoes that didn't cripple me or hurt my knees for running. Great shoes.

ok, I'm slow. I just figured out that Birkis and Birkenstocks are not the same thing.

-AJ

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Can't live without my Dansko pros. The ones with a back on them, I think they are cabrios? I go through about 2 pairs a year. And yes, it is a lot like walking on bricks, but I have almost zero foot, leg or back pain as a result. Sometimes they aren't made well, but if they "s417 the bed" in less than 365 days, Dansko will replace them. It's good to have a backup pair too.
    And it sucks to walk long distances or run in them, But if you stand for 18-20 hours a day, they rock.

I think my next set will be dansko when and if these klogs ever die they are over 2 years old and going strong.

ive tried treadsafe, shoes for crews, crocs and sketchers non slips nothing compares to the comfort and quality of birkistocks professional clogs IMO. throw away the soles that come with them and buy some new inserts. I like the ones from my old running shoes.