Quantcast
Footwear Poll - Page 7
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Poll

I thought I would take advantage of visiting my folks in the big city of Columbus, Ohio to try on different shoes recommended here. Been tough to find them! Have not found Sanitas. I tried on some Danskos tonight. They almost fit. I think a 1/2 size bigger would have been perfect but a full size bigger would have been too big. But wow are they narrow! Tried on some Bistro Crocs. I was swimming in the 12s. The 11s seemed to fit reasonably well so I bought them. At $44 they are about 1/3 the price of the Danskos so I feel like I won't be out much if I don't like them. I'll be trekking out to find some Birkis tomorrow for at least future reference. I didn't want to buy any of these shoes on-line without at least trying them on first.

-AJ

Birkenstocks for me as well. 50-60 hours a week for me and I usually get over a year out of them changing the in soles once. Make sure you get the Professionals.

I've had birkis, crocs, burkinstock professionals and danskos. All good shoes in their own rights. If you have $70 I would give some Mozo sharks a shot they are constructed just like running shoes but for work. Meaning non slip out sole Eva mid sole and they are a bit stylish. They have a signature series which which made me weary but they have taken care of me through 16 hr days and 60-70 hr weeks. I got mine from zappos.com Actually just bought a second pair as a back up for when these go out.

heavy black leather shoes with a titanium toe cap. Early in my training a heavy cleaver got knocked off the table and landed point first over my toe, bounced right off and I barley knew it hit me. Except noe I have a large gash over my toe on that boot LOL. I will always have steel toed shoes in the Pro kitchen...

Quote Originally Posted by Bkelly757 View Post
    I've had birkis, crocs, burkinstock professionals and danskos. All good shoes in their own rights. If you have $70 I would give some Mozo sharks a shot they are constructed just like running shoes but for work. Meaning non slip out sole Eva mid sole and they are a bit stylish. They have a signature series which which made me weary but they have taken care of me through 16 hr days and 60-70 hr weeks. I got mine from zappos.com Actually just bought a second pair as a back up for when these go out.
    does water ever get your feet wet? those air vents on the side of the clog makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    does water ever get your feet wet? those air vents on the side of the clog makes me nervous.
    Yeah water is a bother at times but only when it forms puddles but for the most part I think my feet actually get wet once a week and it's really never that bad. But you are correct to be a bit nervous. Also I'm pretty sure if you use the whole what the call the triple fit system it covers up most of that bottom vent. I just love them because one night we were doing a truffle dinner and we didn't have enough micro greens to send out the fish course I was able to run across the street not shuffle or power walk but run to grab some from our other restaurant. If I tried that in danskos I wouldn't be typing this right now.

Anyone else have an opinion on Crocs? I bought a pair of clogs that I don't even know the brand they were cheap and they are really hurting my feet now, I'll give them tomorrow and if they're still sore they're going in the bin and I like the look of Crocs, can't seen many of the brands mentioned here in Blighty. Is there a long breaking in period with clogs? Never really worn them before until recently

Crocs are great if you aren't moving around a lot. I.E. line cook, cashier, etc. If you are running around a giant kitchen like I do, they are too loosey goosey. But for standing and minimal walking they are great. They are boat shoes, after all.

Just know they are supposed to fit loose.

Our kitchen is pretty small so they might be ok. I tried taking the strap off my cheap clogs and they're a little more comfortable though obviously I need to watch in case they fall off. I think I might like looser ones then

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I will never wear Crocs. No arch support, bad traction, to loose. As for clogs you need to have some good insoles. Getting used to how they fit should not be a problem. Were does you feet hurt? By the pad, the arch, heal. Or is it in the legs. Clogs work on being tight around the pad of the foot to keep on, so no need for a heal of the shoe. If that is to tight or to loose you will have problems.