Quantcast
Footwear Poll - Page 8
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Poll

The whole right side of my right foot is very numb. I have a pair of insoles and I tried them but no change. Perhaps there is just an adjustment period, but I don't wanna hurt my feet for no reason either. So I am not totally sure what to do

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    ouch that isn't how it should be. I am not sure what is wrong. I wouldn't wear them at all.

I had skechers, and most recently a pair from shoes for crews that lasted six months at most. I finally caved and invested in a decent pair and got the Birkenstock London super grip. I like the width of the shoe so far but I'm still breaking them in which I hear is a pain with birkenstocks. Will report back.

i used to have the super birki and swore by them as the first pair lasted me like 3 years. after the second pair junked out on me after like 4 months i stopped spending that much on shoes. i have a pair of black adidas sneakers that i wear and have lasted like 2 years. ill stick with the adidas
    It's like my ol' grandpappy used to say; "The less one makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look a fool in retrospect"

I've wore Onitsuka Tigers for years and they are incredibly comfortable but I think I'll go for some sort of clogs now to keep H+S people happy

Quote Originally Posted by stevenStefano View Post
    The whole right side of my right foot is very numb. I have a pair of insoles and I tried them but no change. Perhaps there is just an adjustment period, but I don't wanna hurt my feet for no reason either. So I am not totally sure what to do
    Trash them. Spend money on good shoes. Sell something.

I had a pair of shoes that shrank on me because I left them wet and in the sun(my old crocs), and wore them anyways at the sushi bar. 65-70hours a week I was standing in those things, just a bit too tight. I got used to it, and liked that they didn't slip around so much, but they didn't support well.

The result? An ingrown toenail!

Which came with a complimentary Staph infection!

Which didn't get killed by 3 types of antibiotics!

And it kept me from being able to run for almost 3 years!

And I SERIOUSLY ALMOST LOST MY FOOT 5 MONTHS AGO. You see, Staph spreads to the bone eventually, and I was missing hunks of bones in my feet.

I paid a good quality podiatrist, and after a few months, I have no problems, and no toenail on that foot.

All because I didn't want to drop a C note on some shoes.

Buy. Better. Shoes.

Ok thats everyone for the feedback. I have decided to buy a new pair. After looking at a few UK shops and reading this thread I have narrowed down my selection to either Super Birki's or Crocs. Which is better? I am a size 11 and work in a pretty small kitchen if that helps

I just bought a pair of bistro crocs but only have 2 weeks in them cooking on the line. So far no complaints. I realize that's not a lot of help.

-AJ

If I am plowing a lone furrow someone please let me know, but I bought a pair of Bistro Crocs recently and I like them a lot. They are very comfortable and I actually like the way they look, they have sort of grown on me. They are almost a cartoon-ised version of clogs, they aren't trying to look trendy. They make my feet sweat a little but I can just take them off every so often

I used to like Super Birkis for the grip and water resistance, but I now swear by the regular Boston Birkis. Just superior comfort and breath-ability. I go through 1 pair a year but considering the hours I spend in them, that's no big deal.