Quantcast
Footwear Poll - Page 9
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Poll

I bought the leather Birki's wt. cork insert,only lasted 6 months before leather split at seam.Got the plastic(polyurethane) & inserted the cork fr. my wasted leathers.These have lasted 2 yrs. & are the most comfortable for long standing.I agree they are not that great for alot of walking.They are super easy to clean,I can see how they have become so popular.

One thing about clogs you have to be super careful emptying H2O fr. steam kettle or handling oil etc.Not much protection wt. clogs.

Birki all day. I like to use to pairs with different soles. Works really well on my feet. Rotate them every couple days, this is really good for your feet.

Shoes are the most important part of your daily clothing, don't go cheap on your feet.

I got a pair of Birki clogs and couldn't walk after a couple of weeks. I'm guessing after reading through this thread and all of the people that love them that it's just me and my crappy weak ankles that were destroyed from years of soccer as a kid.

I picked up a pair of Timberland 5 Star Pro lace up boots and LOVE them. http://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Men...rland+pro+star. Super comfortable and plenty of support. The only issue is they don't breath all that well so they can get a little warm

much more awesomer
    Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Birkis have that weird bump by the toes. Have a pair and hate them. Current favs are actually the new Croc Bitalli Bistros in carbon....wouldn't be caught dead outside of work in them, though.
    I was going to ask about these. www.crocs.com is offering my company 20% off their "work" line. I'm not a fan of Crocs in general -- though I do have a pair for around the house, and my old Crocs flip-flops were the best I've ever owned (until the new dog got to them). The Bistros (or Batali Bistros) don't interest me, but I'm curious about the Barista loafers and the Work Hover lace-ups.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

My biz partner just got me a pair of Mozo's...I was a little off put by the trendy bacon and eggs, and other various odd designs, but I gotta say they are super comfortable, come with three different inserts and have a ton of fun designs....

Mine are black with a red sole, and a red stitched skull motif...pretty cool.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

WORD!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post

WORD!
    Now we're talking!

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by foreleft View Post
    I got a pair of Birki clogs and couldn't walk after a couple of weeks. I'm guessing after reading through this thread and all of the people that love them that it's just me and my crappy weak ankles that were destroyed from years of soccer as a kid.

I picked up a pair of Timberland 5 Star Pro lace up boots and LOVE them. http://www.amazon.com/Timberland-Men...rland+pro+star. Super comfortable and plenty of support. The only issue is they don't breath all that well so they can get a little warm
    I have used Timberline as well they are good shoes,for long standing I like the cork insert Birki's the best,however for me the Timberlines were also comfortable & in a busy kitchen give more protection than a clog.

Been looking at these for a while. Did a weekend course with a Japanese sword maker, thats what he wore. He swore by them. Also was a 6 dan in Aikido
    I ordered a pair, like the idea of them...
    http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...Sport-Mens.htm

Feel free to visit my website, http://www.rodrigueknives.com
    Email pierre@rodrigueknives.com

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    Oh sweet Jesus Pierre, NO YOU DIDN'T.

+ Reply to Thread