Quantcast
Footwear Poll - Page 12
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Poll

Anyone heard anything good about Mephistos? I saw a pair I think called Zephiro, they look like the Birkenstock Boston. Really expensive though. A server at my work has had hers for 8 years and swears by them, so that should give me a good 6 months of kitchen work I think . I have been through way too many super birkis and birkenstock bostons, haven't tried the londons yet. I tried a pair of crocs a few years back, but they are too spongy and are killer on my back, I can't stand Dansko's either.

I have a feeling the Super Birkis aren't made like they used to, I used to get over a year in them, but not any more. So, I just got a new pair of super birkis to tide me over, debating dropping 2 bills on a pair of these Mephisto things. If anyone has had good results I would love to hear.

Oh nevermind on the London, they are the same as the Bostons but with a closed heel, my Birkenstock Bostons are smooth soled and talking toes after 4 months.

Merril Vibram Ortholites

Quote Originally Posted by Chefdog View Post
    A big recommendation from me for Birkenstock London's w/ the non-slip soles. The original cork footbed it so much more comfortable than the plastic clogs, and full leather uppers can easily be treated to repel water. My first pair lasted about a year and a half, the current pair has been better cared for and is at a year and showing no significant signs of wear.
    Even at +\- $165, they're a deal. For as much time as we spend on our feet, don't skimp on shoes.

ETA: For anyone else with wide feet who find that Dansko's and similar clogs are uncomfortable, try the Birki London's. they're much more accommodating, and have the ability to be re-soled.
    I like the Birki cork for long standing.My leather's did not last as long as yours.The plastic seems to last a long time,easier maintainence.Just put a cork bed in them.I used the one fr. my leathers,but you can buy the cork at any Birke store.

I second the Danskos. I am not in a kitchen, but on my feet 12 hrs a day at work. Had back pain and foot pain till switched to Danskos. Not the clogs- which I also find comfortable,but the shoes. I don't wear the clogs cause of ankle issues. One clog I do like too are the keens which I've had for years- only wear at home.

Vans slip-ons, leather top, black. $20-30 canadian and really non-slip. also, they fit almost all insoles.

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheRoad View Post
    Vans slip-ons, leather top, black. $20-30 canadian and really non-slip. also, they fit almost all insoles.
    would you mind showing me a link?

http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en...e/lyfitl.html# much more expensive in the states i guess
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    http://shop.vans.com/catalog/Vans/en...e/lyfitl.html# much more expensive in the states i guess
    Couple years back I found them on sale at a skate shop and picked up 5 pairs in my size. Haven't gone looking for them in a while, on my 4th pair. I hope they are not always that price.

Quote Originally Posted by keithsaltydog View Post
    I like the Birki cork for long standing.My leather's did not last as long as yours.The plastic seems to last a long time,easier maintainence.Just put a cork bed in them.I used the one fr. my leathers,but you can buy the cork at any Birke store.
    They do require a little more maintenance, usually a quick wipe down each night and maybe a once a week coat of mineral oil. But they cork footbeds sound like a good idea. I might give your setup a shot once these are done, gotta be a bit cheaper.