Quantcast
Footwear Poll - Page 18
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Footwear Poll

Quote Originally Posted by eaglerock View Post
    Labor of love, how is your new crocs? Is it any better than bistro ?
    they were nice for about 2 monthes, then they started falling apart. lasted only 5-6 monthes.
    im on the prowl for new shoes...im also looking at these
    http://www.mozoshoes.com/shop/mens/classics/forza+3803
    and these
    http://www.chefwear.com/store/item.a...ARTMENT_ID=28&
    crocs are a bargain but i just cant use them. anybody have a link to those vans slip ons that are good in kitchens? i tried that link son posted a while back but it stopped working.

super birkis, ugly as sin but very slip resistant and durable. Walk into any kitchen in Toronto and at least 30-40% of people are wearing them.

3 yrs of usage so far, I've replaced the cork insole once. No noticeable damage to the rubber, very easy to clean. They've been the most durable shoe I've ever owned.

I'm tempted to go for Brikenstock London if these ever croak. Based on this thread, people that've owned both suggest the London is even more comfy. Plus they're actually decent looking enough to be seen in the real world with (ie outside kitchen).

Which brings up a pet peeve of mine. Don't wear your kitchen shoes outside the kitchen! That's just gross to me.

I wear these every day and they haven't even started to wear after two years.

http://www.shoebuy.com/troentorp-bas.../261600/557337

Stupid comfortable, supportive and long lasting.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Labor of love, I've been wearing Mozos for over a year. They are very durable. The soles last forever and have unmatched traction in a kitchen. They are also comfortable, and come with several interchangeable insoles. Worth the money.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

i remember. the mozos right? all the ones i saw had weird patterns. do they make solid black? my concern with those were the slots on the sides. but i think you mentioned that water doesnt get into your clogs, correct?

you really should try merrells, super comfy.

+1 for Merrills - I got the encore gust after reading this thread a while back. Super comfy and look like an actual shoe. Birkis had better non slip though.
    'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford

I like Dansko but not the clogs. The
    Actual shoe. I don't care for any clogs.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

I like Dansko but not the clogs. The
    Actual shoe. I don't care for any clogs.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    (As noted in an earlier post) I've been wearing the Dansko Pro (Wide) for at least the past 5 years. I've been encountering some toe crunching lately and decided a switcheroo was prudent. I went with the Birkenstock Alton.
    Even (almost $100 more) pricier than the Dansko, but a really nice shoe. I've been told they should/could last me about 5 years which is cool, because I go through about 1 pair of Dansko a year.
    They are taking some getting used to. I think they're comfy once I've broken them in a little, but feel a little more pain in my lower legs in the morning. I guess it's just the difference of how the shoes make you stand/walk. The Birkenstock is a flat-footed type, while the 'Sko points your toes down and forces you to bend your knees a little while standing.
    I alternate the 2 during a work week and am enjoying it. I can't really say one is better than the other though.
    I'll let you know if the Birks last 5 years.
    If "Its" and "Buts" was candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas
    -Cleon "Slammin'" Salmon

+ Reply to Thread