Quantcast
Footwear Poll - Page 2
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Footwear Poll

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Birkis have that weird bump by the toes. Have a pair and hate them. Current favs are actually the new Croc Bitalli Bistros in carbon....wouldn't be caught dead outside of work in them, though.
    Agree with the whole statement.. Hate the burkis cause of the bump.. Either crocs or shoes for crews.

+1 on crocs, but you won't be winning any style points, but hey you will be comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Shoes for crews here, usually 2 pair/year, but I bought the black label and so far I am a year strong and still going.
    +1000

I have the shoes for crews clogs and I have been going over 2 years with them, and I've worn them tons more than just in the kitchen. I recently got a new pair since I've almost worn out the tread on the heels of the first ones, but I can't bring myself to retire the old ones they are just too comfortable in them. The first pair I got were the white ones (to just be different) second pair are black and I love them both. For under 25/30 bucks for 2 years hard hard use I can't see myself getting anything else anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    +1 for profi birkis. I actually prefer the leather and cork clogs, but in my kitchen we scrub our own floors, so they tend to die too quickly.
    Dusty, Shankster, and Hax, I've looked over the Birkenstock website and don't see any rubber ones nor any that match up with "Profi". I have never worn Birkenstocks and know nothing about them. Any help?

Thanks,

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    Shoes for crews here, usually 2 pair/year, but I bought the black label and so far I am a year strong and still going.
    Kalaeb,

What kind of show from there? Clogs, a work boot, black athletic shoe?

Thanks,

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Merril
    Clogs, mocs, or something else?

-AJ

Sorry guys,

Thanks for the references but except for the crocs and Birkenstocks I can't tell if you are referring to clogs or work shoes or something else?

-AJ

I had crocs bistro, and they were fantastic when I worked a small line and didn't walk much. But then I left them outside in the sun when wet and they shrank....I wore them anyways, they were too tight for a few months. One of the dumbest things I've ever done--ruined my life for a few years, lost some bone and a tonenail, and they almost had to amputate my foot(not kidding at all). All I'm saying is, get good shoes.

The shoes for crews is what I'm wearing now because I am running around all day at my current job and they wear out so bloody fast. I can see the plastic poking through the heel in about 3 weeks. I lose the soles at about 4-5 months. I need to check for this "Black Label" thing from them.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I wear the birki's closed back clog. Had my first pair for 3 yrs. the second now for a year. Hate shoes for crew's the gave my feet up to my legs bad cramps, and pain with over a hour of standing or walking in them. I do a ton of turning and am bad on the soles of the shoes.

I first fell in love with a clog style from a pair of free pair of "Klogs". Never could find more.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEye View Post
    I wear Vibram Trek LS, I am a big believer in minimalist footwear, no foot or back pain since I switched to minimalist shoes. It does take some time to adapt to less shoe, allow the foot muscles to properly strengthen, but I will never go back to regular thick, squishy, soled shoes.
    +1. I'm not a cook but I've spent long hours on my feet. I've tried a lot of footwear and the $200 insole thing. I love Vibrams. I also use Merrill's minimalist shoes when I want to wear some socks.