Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quitting my job!

good luck
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Good luck sir.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Welcome to Texas! We should grab a drink sometime.

Good luck with your new career

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    All the best.

Thanks for all the support guys. This was a tough decision but I've lived here for the past 22 years, and I think I should take a chance while I'm still in my 20s and don't have a wife, mortgage and a million other things holding me back.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    Sometimes quitting is the best feeling ever. Hope you have a good time in Texas with the new job. I have seen your posts before figured you worked down by the mission inn. Met my wife when I lived on pine street off 14th street.
    I actually live about 5 minutes from the Mission Inn! I'm going to miss Mission Inn at Christmas, what a sight!

Quote Originally Posted by BurkeCutlery View Post
    Welcome to Texas! We should grab a drink sometime.
    That'd be great! Also if you know of any good BBQ joints I'm all ears. My understanding is the DFW area isn't a BBQ powerhouse like the hill country, but there's gotta be one or two hidden gems somewhere.

I used to walk down their every Christmas. I met my blue eyed blond supermodel ex wife at Back to the Grind, and my current wife worked briefly at Lake Alice. I think with nothing tying you down Texas will be a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    That'd be great! Also if you know of any good BBQ joints I'm all ears. My understanding is the DFW area isn't a BBQ powerhouse like the hill country, but there's gotta be one or two hidden gems somewhere.
    Yes there are. I know the place with the best chopped brisket sandwich I've ever had. Ever. And I've eaten chopped brisket everywhere in Texas except Amarillo and El Paso. The absolute best Q joints are always out in the middle of freaking nowhere though. Like the only building for 30 miles kind of thing.