Quitting my job!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
Today I'm giving my boss my two weeks notice (with option for three weeks if he wants me to stay a bit longer). I've been in the same mundane job for the past 4 years with no signs of growth so I took a job in Lewisville, Tx. It's gonna be a big change but for right now I'm just exstatic about giving notice! :)

Sometimes quitting is the best feeling ever. Hope you have a good time in Texas with the new job. I have seen your posts before figured you worked down by the mission inn. Met my wife when I lived on pine street off 14th street.

Congrats! It's a great feeling to be moving in a good direction.

Thanks for all the support guys. This was a tough decision but I've lived here for the past 22 years, and I think I should take a chance while I'm still in my 20s and don't have a wife, mortgage and a million other things holding me back.

Sometimes quitting is the best feeling ever. Hope you have a good time in Texas with the new job. I have seen your posts before figured you worked down by the mission inn. Met my wife when I lived on pine street off 14th street.

I actually live about 5 minutes from the Mission Inn! I'm going to miss Mission Inn at Christmas, what a sight!

Welcome to Texas! We should grab a drink sometime.

That'd be great! Also if you know of any good BBQ joints I'm all ears. My understanding is the DFW area isn't a BBQ powerhouse like the hill country, but there's gotta be one or two hidden gems somewhere.

I used to walk down their every Christmas. I met my blue eyed blond supermodel ex wife at Back to the Grind, and my current wife worked briefly at Lake Alice. I think with nothing tying you down Texas will be a great experience.

That'd be great! Also if you know of any good BBQ joints I'm all ears. My understanding is the DFW area isn't a BBQ powerhouse like the hill country, but there's gotta be one or two hidden gems somewhere.

Yes there are. I know the place with the best chopped brisket sandwich I've ever had. Ever. And I've eaten chopped brisket everywhere in Texas except Amarillo and El Paso. The absolute best Q joints are always out in the middle of freaking nowhere though. Like the only building for 30 miles kind of thing.

Back