Quantcast
NY International Restaurant and Food Service Show - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY International Restaurant and Food Service Show

I'll be there anyway, love to see you two. good timing it's my last pseudo week off before I start to gear up for the spring. The Met is one if the best museums in the country, great collection of just about everything. I would say going is a must but it could/ should take up a whole day. Let me know what your schedule looks like maybe I can help out on some of the sight seeing? I'm not a tour guide or anything just know the city pretty well. There's something to do 7 days a week 24 hours a day just depends on what your tastes are? I don't know if Sara is "locked in/ stuck with you" but the big art schools will always welcome fellow artists to sit in on a class, she might find that fun? I know I did when the tables were turned I I was visiting LA.

as i look at our schedule, its actually pretty crazy as is. The 2nd is our free day and i have a friend flying in from out of town who has a place in NY... he's going to hit up some museums with us and then we're grabbing a late dinner together that evening. Then the 3rd is our setup day. The evenings are free though, so we're trying to set up dinners at places we want to go... its filling up pretty quick. Sara may be stuck with me though... its just the 2 of us.

Great pic J, must have been awesome hanging out with those guys

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    Sara may be stuck with me though... its just the 2 of us.
    Taking the words out of context; this sounds great, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peco View Post
    Great pic J, must have been awesome hanging out with those guys
    they are some of the craftsmen i train with each year

so, whos here that cooks in NY? If time permits, i want to try to get out to a few peoples restaurants... Also, as i mentioned before, i will have a bunch of my personal knives and stones with me for people to try out... so if you're interested, let me know.

-Jon

don't worry jon I will see you the 2nd and the 4th.

As someone who's spent a lot of time in NYC's museums, I second Chef Niloc's recommendation of the Metropolitan. The Arms and Armor collection is an absolute must see for anyone interested edged weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    we're doing the met for sure... maybe one other if we have time
    I'd say the MOMA if you and Sara are fans of fine art. If you're nature lovers, the American Museum of Natural History is mind boggling. My wife and I once went there for five consecutive days and still didn't see it all.