Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Konosuke's Fujiyama line

If I had a Fujiyama, I'd get either a Zakuri, Kochi or Gengetsu. As a matter of fact, all of those are on my list ahead of a Fujiyama. The other thing about the Fujiyama is the 240 I've got right now is pretty short-feeling. The other three are true 240's and I use a pinch grip so I feel I get a significant amount of extra useable knife.

How long does the 240 run? And what about blade height on it? I've never seen a good profile picture of a Fujiyama and I can't quite tell what the profile is like.

Mine is a 270 and it is 259mm on the edge. If you buy a Konosuke gyuto get the 270. I agree with Tk the 240's are too short, they should average 225-230mm.
    The blade height on my 270 is 50mm. There are some pretty good pics at the beginning of this thread, but if you want more I will be happy to send them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtis View Post
    How long does the 240 run? And what about blade height on it? I've never seen a good profile picture of a Fujiyama and I can't quite tell what the profile is like.

It was suggested to me once to wet magnolia wood and let it completely dry before attempting to stain; supposed to open the pores? IDK, I'm no woodworking expert....

Nice knife, by the way. that handle is pretty sweet! I've been eyeing a Fuji kiritsuke for a loooong time......
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by tk59 View Post
    If I had a Fujiyama, I'd get either a Zakuri, Kochi or Gengetsu. As a matter of fact, all of those are on my list ahead of a Fujiyama. The other thing about the Fujiyama is the 240 I've got right now is pretty short-feeling. The other three are true 240's and I use a pinch grip so I feel I get a significant amount of extra useable knife.
    tell me more...

The 240mm runs short. it might be closer to 225 on the cutting edge. They are very good knives. But there are better/others that people may find more to there personal preference. My white one gets sharper then almost any knife I have used and holds it better then any white steel knife I have used.

Kochi and Gengetsu are on my short list. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattrud View Post
    ...My white one gets sharper then almost any knife I have used and holds it better then any white steel knife I have used.
    I can't comment on the retention but it definitely is mind-blowingly easy to sharpen to crazy sharpness.

I can't comment on the retention but it definitely is mind-blowingly easy to sharpen to crazy sharpness.
    +1