African Blackwood - New Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just finished adding 15 new blocks of African Blackwood to our webstore.
At first glance these blocks look Jet Black. When the light hits them from different angles they will show a brownish flash.
African Blackwood is a hard and durable wood that is often used as an alternative to Black Ebony.
Very easy to work with.

Use this link to go where they are located in the webstore.
This is an example photo of what the wood will look like. There are individual photos of each piece in the webstore.

Free Shipping Worldwide - Money Back Guarantee - Free Cutting if you need scales.

If you are a member of the knife forums you can have a small discount off your purchase by entering the letters forum in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout.

If you are a repeat customer you can have a slightly larger discount off your purchase by entering the letters repeat in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout. I felt that my loyal customers should be given a slightly larger discount.

Cool! I was thinking of trying this stuff out for ferrule material. Thanks!

It will work out really good.
Very dense and tight grain without open pores.

I have had a piece of his blackwood as a ferrule piece fosr a few months now and it is great. No shrinkage at all, and very tough.

How dry are the blocks?
M

I get a reading of 8% on the exterior and 6% on the interior when I cut one in half.
This is some old musical instrument stuff.
I have learned the hard way never buy the waxed pieces.

Nice!!! I loves me some jet black instrument grade blackwood.

The description says there are brown undertones, fyi.

Back