Quantcast
"Fresh" Tuna
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Fresh" Tuna

"Fresh" Tuna

Sometimes they can be very finicky and almost impossible to catch.....sometimes not

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=jmtzQUh4fXY

Bad link?

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogbacchus View Post
    Sometimes they can be very finicky and almost impossible to catch.....sometimes not

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=jmtzQUh4fXY

Entertaining the pelagic guys are in costa Mesa remember when they started.See them at tackle stores,day on the docks, and the Fred Hall show run by Bart Hall. Some friends do rep work for them, but i was doing it for Seeker rods. Tuna boils are always fun. Wouldn't catch me swimming there. Have you seen big sharks like Guadalupe I got chased out of the water by a tiger shark spearfishing at Andros in the Bahamas. Once was enough. Now I just catch them. One of the original Pelagic guys used to try to get me to take him Mako fishing on the Topaz at Mako Matt's Marine. Damn can't wait til my kids get bigger.

Thank you sir. I don't know how you did that, but thanks.
    I've seen a few baitballs, but never one with as many big yellowfin as this one had. I've fished with Wade quite a bit, but wasn't on the boat the day they shot this video
    And I agree with Deckhand, I'd stay in the boat.

Thanks for inserting the video Eamon...not sure why I wasn't getting to it from the link.

Wild video. It would take a lot for me to jump into the water like that guy did!

I have seen some pretty wild baitball frenzies in Isla Mujeres, but I missed the one where the party was broken up by a whale shark coming straight up from underneath the ball. We have raised like 75 sailfish and released 56 on our best day in january down there. When the species get mice dup in late spring, it gets really fun. The best day we had the last year we went, we released 15 sailfish and one white marlin and the meat fish we kept added up to 15 blackfin all over 15 pounds, 14 dolphin all that same size or bigger and a 35 point wahoo. if you count the damn bonita, we probably released another 40 or so fish. When the bait gets balled up like that, fish will behave differently. You don't have to worry much about tuna getting spooked and diving when they are feeding like that.

Love love wahoo. On one long range trip out of San Diego told my wife we would get married if I caught a wahoo. Ended up with a 65lb wahoo and got married soon after. When the fish are boiling and every fly lined bait gets hit instantly it is such a blast.

I like to eat wahoo too. This is the first one I caught.I knew nothing of them,thought they would always be this size. Boy, was I naive.... I'm the guy on the right.
    Name:  MVC-001F.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  16.7 KB

Wow awesome wahoo. Nothing like watching a rooster tail come off your line. Very nice!!!

+ Reply to Thread