Hello from Seattle, WA!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quantumcloud509

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Pavel. Im a relatively new knife nut. Have been cooking since I was a kid, working kitchens for the past five years. In the past year have started appreciating the finer things that go along with cooking and the kitchen. Thought I was pretty well off and was kicking butt until a little over a month ago I started working a new gig and a guy there had a 240mm Takeda gyuoto. First Japanese knife with that sorta handle I ever seen. So I picked it up, and the rest is history. My first Japanese knife is a 270mm Takeda gyuoto. I love the lightweight feel, razor sharpness, and highly delicate cuts I can achieve with my knife. I want more! I have a highly addictive personality, and since I have been clean for two years now, Im kinda hurting for a new hobby. REALLY looking forward to learning new things off of here. Cheers!

:welcome2:

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!! :D

Welcome! Lots of great people here, and if you look around every day you will have new want to buys. In regards to recovery worked in that industry for years counseling then running medical departments. Keep going to meetings.Sober since 6/18/89 good luck.

Welcome Pavel!

What kind of kitchen do you work in?

I work at a smokehouse/ BBQ joint called Bitterroot, it is a 1 month old restaurant. I also work at a Frenchesque kitchen and wine bar type place called Portalis. I love working with meats, but also have a natural thing for pastries and desserts. Luckily for me, I get to do both at both restaurants and both of the restaurants are on the same block, which is only three blocks from where I live!

No kidding!

Both restaurants sound pretty good to me. Hope the new one is a success...must be touch and go for awhile until a reputation is secured.

Yep, this is the second rodeo Im part of. I was part of a kitchen a little over a year ago which only lasted 5 months. Pretty sad that one was. This one seems to be doing a lot better and the customer flow is very steady.

Welcome to KKF. Do you mind giving me a street address, as those don't sound familiar. My wife and I just might drop down for a bite one of these days.

-M

Hey, Pavel -- is that Bitterroot in Ballard? I'll stop by for some BBQ and we can talk about Japanese knives....welcome!

Welcome to KKF. Do you mind giving me a street address, as those don't sound familiar. My wife and I just might drop down for a bite one of these days. -M

Hi Michael. Portalis is at the intersection of 20th and Ballard Ave, and Bitterroot is at the intersection of Vernon and Ballard Ave. Ballard Ave itself is something else. Great scene, lots of quality bars to drown your sorrows at, good food, cozy tea shops, and lots of strange nook and cranny shops. Sunday is a great day to come down to this part of town because the Farmers Market gets set up right in the middle of the street and there is a bunch of fresh off the local farms goodies here. PS that feather damascus blade on your home page is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.

Hey, Pavel -- is that Bitterroot in Ballard? I'll stop by for some BBQ and we can talk about Japanese knives....welcome!

Oh man, sweet! I typically get off work@ 3pm and always eat there after. PM me to set up a good time, lunch will be on me! Thanks for the offer - looking forward to meeting ya!

Hi Michael. Portalis is at the intersection of 20th and Ballard Ave, and Bitterroot is at the intersection of Vernon and Ballard Ave. Ballard Ave itself is something else. Great scene, lots of quality bars to drown your sorrows at, good food, cozy tea shops, and lots of strange nook and cranny shops. Sunday is a great day to come down to this part of town because the Farmers Market gets set up right in the middle of the street and there is a bunch of fresh off the local farms goodies here. PS that feather damascus blade on your home page is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.

Oh man, sweet! I typically get off work@ 3pm and always eat there after. PM me to set up a good time, lunch will be on me! Thanks for the offer - looking forward to meeting ya!

Looking forward to it!

Nice. I dread going to downtown Seattle. Ballard is much more to my liking and I'm just a hop-skip-and-a-jump away, as I'm in LynnHood.

-M

Back